Beispielbild für diese ISBN
Titel: Undressing Cinema: Clothing and identity in ...
Einband: Soft cover
Zustand: Very Good
Auflage: 1st Edition.
226 Pages With The Index, In Very Good Condition, Paperback. Creased Covers And Pages.We ship from the USA and Canada. Buchnummer des Verkäufers 034506
Inhaltsangabe: From Audrey Hepburn in Givenchy, to sharp-suited gangsters in Tarantino movies, clothing is central to film. In Undressing Cinema, Stella Bruzzi explores how far from being mere accessories, clothes are key elements in the construction of cinematic identities, and she proposes new and dynamic links between cinema, fashion and costume history, gender, queer theory and psychoanalysis.
Bruzzi uses case studies drawn from contemporary popular cinema to reassess established ideas about costume and fashion in cinema, and to challenge conventional interpretations of how masculinity and femininity are constructed through clothing. Her wide-ranging study encompasses:
* haute couture in film and the rise of the movie fashion designer, from Givenchy to Gaultier
* the eroticism of period costume in films such as The Piano and The Age of Innocence
* clothing the modern femme fatale in Single White Female, Disclosure and The Last Seduction
* generic male chic in Goodfellas, Reservoir Dogs, and Leon
* pride, costume and masculinity in `Blaxploitation' films, Boyz `N The Hood and New Jack City
* drag and gender confusion in cinema, from the unerotic cross-dressing of Mrs Doubtfire to the eroticised ambiguity of Orlando.
Inhaltsangabe: From Audrey Hepburn in Givenchy, to sharp-suited gangsters in Tarantino movies, clothing is central....
Dieser Anbieter akzeptiert die folgenden Zahlungsarten:
ZVAB Verkäufer seit 4. Mai 1999
All prices in US Dollars, payable by international Money Order or Credit cards accepted through ABEBOOKS e-commerce, We can accept credit cards directly via Paypal at www.paypal.com --
All sales are on first come first served basis with confirmation.
Books will be held for 2 weeks(7 days) pending receipt of payment.
Shipping: $5.50 for 1st book.
$ 2.50 dollars for each additional book ordered on the same order within
North America. Outside North America they will be shipped at cost of at least $...
The books are shipped from the US and Canada. US address orders are shipped from the USA. Canadian orders are shipped from Canada.Orders usually ship within 2 business days. Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or over sized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.
Anbieterinformationen: Internet based used, old and rare book store. Selling books in the internet since 1998.