Buchnummer des Verkäufers
Inhaltsangabe: Keith Stewart covers everything you need to know to successfully grow and market your own organic vegetables and herbs. Offering expert tips on choosing a growing site, soil fertility, companion planting, irrigation, organic farming techniques, dealing with pests, and harvesting, Stewart also helps you design a business plan, manage employees, and find niche markets for your produce.
From the Back Cover:
A successful vegetable farm depends on business smarts -- accounting, marketing, customer service -- as much as planting and harvesting skills. Keith Stewart's practical advice and detailed in-the-field instruction guide you through every part of professional farming, from mapping your fields to designing a farmers' market stand.
Includes comprehensive coverage of:
- Site selection and good soil maintenance
- Tools, machinery, and greenhouses
- Selecting and planting profitable crops
- Organic weed and pest control
- Harvesting and storing vegetables and herbs
- Developing a business plan
- Marketing, packaging, and selling your products