Beispielbild für diese ISBN
Titel: Smith and Keenan's English Law
Verlag: Pitman Publishing, London
Zustand des Schutzumschlags: No Dust Jacket
Auflage: Tenth Edition.
Art des Buches: used
1.1kg Size: 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. Buchnummer des Verkäufers 008238
Inhaltsangabe: This is the classic all-purpose introductory legal text and is used on a wide variety of courses. The combination of text and case material makes this book an ideal introduction to the subject and the perfect text for students taking law options on degrees such as business studies, accounting or surveying. The book has a reputation for clarity and readability. 'Key' cases are highlighted and cross-referenced to Part 6, the Cases and Materials section. The new edition takes account of changes to the law including new statutory provisions and cases. For the first time, a free lecturer's Guide has also been provided. In order to keep users up to date with current developments, there is an update bulletin service for tutors and lecturers.
“Here is a famous textbook … if I was stranded on a desert island and allowed one legal text, it would have to be this favourite volume”
Review of the previous edition – The Law Teacher, 2005
Now in its fifteenth edition, Smith and Keenan’s English Law has firmly established itself as the all-purpose introduction to English law. Uniquely comprehensive in its coverage, the textbook examines the English legal system and main areas of substantive law including contract, tort, criminal, property and employment law in one volume.
- closely cross-referenced casebook section allows students to read the facts and decisions of over 500 cases in depth
- attractive, two colour text design that doesn’t overwhelm the student and allows easy navigation throughout the text
- companion website containing regular legal updates and invaluable support for teachers in the form of an Instructor’s Manual
- boxed examples citing relevant cases clearly distinguished from the main body of the text
The new edition has been brought fully up to date to include:
- the Employment Act 2004, the Equality Act 2006, and the Work and Families Act 2006, the Age Discrimination Regulations and the Mental Capacity act 2006
- developments in the Offences Against the Person Act 1861, including grievous bodily harm by transmission of sexually transmitted diseases
- recent developments in tort law including the rule of joint vicarious liability and the Compensation Act 2006
- the new offence of causing or allowing the death of a child or vulnerable adult and the changes to fitness to plead under the Domestic Crime and Victims Act 2004.
- considerable changes within the English Legal System, including the Constitutional Reform Act 2008 and the new rules pertaining to the legal profession and legal aid, changes in the judiciary, the new Special Advocate system in terrorist and other security cases, and the increased role of the Lord Chief Justice, Judicial Appointments Commission and judicial ombudsman
- more material on all aspects of the Criminal Justice Act 2003 as it has come into force particularly in relation to sexual offences
- case law developments in human rights, particularly in the area of privacy and a full update of employment case law.
Denis Keenan is a Barrister, an experienced teacher and former Head of Department of Business Studies and Law. In addition to being author of a range of market-leading textbooks, he is also legal correspondent for Accountancy magazine and Editor of Accountants' Legal Service by Tottel Publishing.
Dieser Anbieter akzeptiert die folgenden Zahlungsarten:
AbeBooks Verkäufer seit: 6. Oktober 2003
To pay by PayPal, just paste this link into your browser: paypal.me/PsychoBabelSkoob PsychoBabel Books in Oxfordshire and Skoob Books in London (Russell Square Tube) are solely owned by Chris Edwards, 56b Jubilee Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon Oxfordshire. OX14 4RX. Prompt dispatch on clearance of payment. If any doubt about condition of book in addition to that described please e-mail or call. PsychoBabel & Skoob Books 56b Jubilee Avenue, Milton Park Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 4RX Telephone 0123...[Mehr Information]
We post every weekday! All shipping quotes are based on fast efficient service with the best possible packaging.
Standard charge is based on average weight of books - about 0.9Kg. Heavy items (over 1.5Kg) may require extra postage depending on destination. We'll e-mail you if necessary.
Anbieterinformationen: To pay by PayPal, just paste this link into your browser: paypal.me/PsychoBabelSkoob PsychoBabel Books in Oxfordshire and Skoob Books in London (Russell Square Tube)are run and owned by Chris Edwards operating as a sole trader. We have bought all our books and take great care with the storage and listing of each one. As well as over 107,000 listings we have nearly 100,000 in our London shop and probably five times as many awaiting attention in the warehouse. We have been selling with a five-star rating continuously sine 2003 on AbeBooks. PsychoBabel and Skoob buy from private individuals and prestigious libraries. We are NOT 'barcoders' but dedicated book lovers, offering an excellent service. We enjoy receiving phone calls and we handle each order individually. We dispatch our orders daily and accommodate customers all over the world. Our wonderful packaging is not charged for. Please email or call with any queries or requests for photos.