Lesbians of Colour : Social and Human Services
Bei weiteren Verkäufern erhältlichAlle Exemplare dieses Buches anzeigen
Harrington Park Press 1995; Good to very good in paperback; 106 pages. Buchnummer des Verkäufers 18026
Über diesen Titel:
Chapters build on ?feminist standpoint theory,? a theory of inquiry enlightened by authors?firsthand knowledge that helps you move from an intellectual to an empathic grasp of the points made by each author. The use of standpoint theory gives you a different way of gaining insight and understanding of the experiences of lesbians of color. It acts as a springboard for valuing and celebrating the experiences and perspectives of lesbians of color so you can, in turn, provide more sensitive and effective services to members of this population.
Among the topics explored in Lesbians of Color are:
- specific ways white practitioners should behave to demonstrate their sensitivity and respect for lesbians of color
- insight as to how ?need perceptions? and ?problem diagnosis? varies when the practitioner listens to and understands lesbians of color
- specific identity issues that affect the emotional well-being of adopted lesbians
- visibility and activism as contributors to the mental health of lesbians of color
- how visibility and activism are essential in creating positive changes in policies and practices for lesbians of color
This volume is useful for professionals involved in direct service practice with lesbian clients and for administrators of social service agencies. The book is also a helpful guide for educators in professional preparation programs who must introduce students to issues related to lesbians of color.
Titel: Lesbians of Colour : Social and Human ...
Verlag: Harrington Park Press, London
Zahlungsarten, die dieser Verkäufer akzeptiert
Bankeinzug Vorauskasse Money Order PayPal Rechnung Bankwechsel Banküberweisung
Margate, Vereinigtes Königreich
AbeBooks Verkäufer seit 21. Dezember 2005
Most Major Credit Cards Accepted including American Express and Paypal
Postage extra at cost.
Books reserved for 7 days only.
Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.
Anbieterinformationen: Speciality in books of Irish Interest Literature and History