Buchnummer des Verkäufers
Inhaltsangabe: Exercise during pregnancy isn't just safe, it's healthy for you and your baby.
Fit & Healthy Pregnancy dispels generations of old wives' tales about exercise and pregnancy so active women can stay strong and in shape. This book from running coach Dr. Kristina Pinto and triathlete Rachel Kramer, MD goes beyond labor and delivery through the "fourth trimester,” helping new mothers return to fitness after they've had their babies.
Fit & Healthy Pregnancy reviews up-to-date research to show that exercise during pregnancy isn't just safe, it's ideal for health and wellness. Pinto and Kramer guide moms-to-be through each trimester, showing how their bodies, nutrition needs, and workouts will change. The authors cover the months following delivery, when women adapt to a new lifestyle that balances family, fitness, self, and perhaps a return to work. They offer smart guidance and tips on breastfeeding, sleep training, nutrition and hydration, weight loss, and how to transition back into workouts and training.
Fit & Healthy Pregnancy includes
· Trimester guides to body changes, nutrition, and emotional health
· Guidance on exercise, rest, body temperature, injury prevention
· Guidelines and suggested workouts for running, swimming, and cycling
· Strength and flexibility exercises to reduce discomfort and chance of injury
· Tips on exercise gear for each trimester
· Symptoms of common pregnancy conditions and when to see a doctor
· Three chapters of expert guidance on returning to fitness after delivery
Fit & Healthy Pregnancy will help new mothers experience an easier, healthier pregnancy and a faster return to fitness after delivery.
From the Back Cover:
"Health & Fitness: Pregnancy & Childbirth"
The active pregnancy guide for athletes, by athletes!
Pregnancy doesn't mean an end to exercise and fitness. Despite old wives' tales, exercise during pregnancy isn't just safe--it's also ideal for the health and wellness of mother and baby.
In "Fit & Healthy Pregnancy," coach Kristina Pinto and obstetrician Rachel Kramer steer active women through each trimester and the first months of motherhood. With sound medical advice, pregnancy-friendly workouts, and tips and motivation from women who have walked--and worked out--in your shoes, this comprehensive guide explains the ins and outs of exercise and pregnancy, including:
- Advice for keeping your body and mind fit through the nine months of pregnancy and beyond
- Nutritional information to properly fuel your growing baby and your workouts
- Sport-specific guidelines for every trimester, including tips and training advice for running, swimming, and cycling
- Beautifully illustrated exercises, appropriate to each stage of your pregnancy
- The best advice for breast-feeding, child care, and workouts for moms on the go
Celebrate each new milestone of motherhood with this modern guide. Filled with detailed guidance, tested medical information, and the wise counsel of experience, "Fit & Healthy Pregnancy" is a trusted resource for pregnant athletes and active mothers.
Dr. Kristina Pinto, EdD, is a graduate of the Harvard Graduate School of Education. A specialist in women's health and psychology, she is also a runner, a coach, and mom to son Henry.
Dr. Rachel Kramer, MD, completed her ob-gyn training at Yale University. She has two sons and competes in triathlon and distance running events.
ZVAB ist ein Internet-Marktplatz für neue, gebrauchte, antiquarische und vergriffene Bücher. Bei uns finden Sie Tausende professioneller Buchhändler weltweit und Millionen Bücher. Einkaufen beim ZVAB ist einfach und zu 100% sicher — Suchen Sie nach Ihrem Buch, erwerben Sie es über unsere sichere Kaufabwicklung und erhalten Sie ihr Buch direkt vom Händler.
Von seltenen Erstausgaben bis hin zu begehrten signierten Ausgaben – beim ZVAB finden Sie eine große Anzahl seltener, wertvoller Bücher und Sammlerstücke.
Erstausgaben sind besondere Bücher, die den ersten Abdruck des Textes in seiner ursprünglichen Form darstellen. Hier finden sie Erstausgaben von damals bis heute.
Ob Bestseller oder Klassiker, das ZVAB bietet Ihnen eine breite Auswahl an gebrauchten Büchern: Stöbern Sie in unseren Rubriken und entdecken Sie ein Buch-Schnäppchen.