Foto des Verkäufers
Paperback in acceptable condition. Marks, scores and creases on covers. Leading corners are creased, affecting pages. A few minor marks on page block. Pen underlining and marginalia on a few pages. Contents are clear. AM. Buchnummer des Verkäufers
Inhaltsangabe: Ethics of Science is a comprehensive and student-friendly introduction to the study of ethics in science and scientific research. The book covers:
* Science and Ethics
* Ethical Theory and Applications
* Science as a Profession
* Standards of Ethical Conduct in Science
* Objectivity in Research
* Ethical Issues in the Laboratory
* The Scientist in Society
* Toward a More Ethical Science
* Actual case studies include: Baltimore Affair * cold fusion * Milikan's oil drop experiments * human and animal cloning * Cold War experiments * Strategic Defence Initiative * the Challenger accident * Tobacco Research.
About the Author: David B. Resnik is Associate Professor of Philosophy and Director of the Center for the Advancement of Ethics at the University of Wyoming.
Titel: The Ethics of Science: An Introduction
Buchbeschreibung Jerusalem, 1999. XIII, 417 pp. Orig. cloth. in Hebrew. Foreword in English by Steven Harvey. Artikel-Nr. 47638