ISBN 10: 3656447675 / ISBN 13: 9783656447672
Gebraucht / Anzahl: 0
Bei weiteren Verkäufern erhältlich
Alle  Exemplare dieses Buches anzeigen

Über dieses Buch

Leider ist dieses Exemplar nicht mehr verfügbar. Wir haben Ihnen weitere Exemplare dieses Titels unten aufgelistet.

Beschreibung:

Buchnummer des Verkäufers

Über diesen Titel:

Reseña del editor: Scholarly Essay from the year 2013 in the subject Environmental Sciences, grade: 3, - (UNESCO-IHE), course: Environmental Monitoring & Modelling, language: English, abstract: Protection against flooding and creating deep access to maritime sea routes was the basic requirement for creating prosperity. In the course of many centuries, hydraulic engineering, dredging technology and land reclamation have emerged as means for creating water-bound prosperity and economic development (DEME, 2013). Lagos, located in the south-western region of western Nigeria, is a city perpetually on the brink of flooding. Bounded in the South by the Atlantic Ocean, the city is situated on the mainland, home to 70% of the city's population with series of islands and a peninsula that holds the remaining 30% (Ogunlesi, 2012). The pressures of overpopulation, the growth of industry and the need for protection of the environment were the driving forces behind the project to conquer land from the sea. Although Lagos state is the smallest state in Nigeria, with an area of 356,861 hectares of which 75,755 hectares are wetlands, yet it has the highest population. The rate of population growth is about 600,000 per annum with a population density of about 4,193 persons per sq. km (Lagos State Government, 2013). In 2008, the Nigerian government commissioned the Shoreline Protection Project, which involved the construction of a 7km long mass of rocks, topped by 5 ton concrete blocks that will rise 9m above sea level. The dam will protect Eko Atlantic City, the massive new $6 billion infrastructure and real estate development (Ogunlesi, 2012). Still 2008 Lagos State Government and South Energyx launched the plan to build a 21st-century city on reclaimed land from the Atlantic Ocean. The main goal for this EIA report is to conduct and provide a detailed document on the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of land reclamation from Atlantic Ocean for decision making and impacts identification on the env

„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.

Bibliografische Details

Zustand: New

Beste Suchergebnisse beim ZVAB

1.

Emelda Orakwue
Verlag: Grin Verlag (2013)
ISBN 10: 3656447675 ISBN 13: 9783656447672
Gebraucht Hardcover Anzahl: 1
Anbieter
buchversandmimpf2000
(Emtmannsberg, BAYE, Deutschland)
Bewertung
[?]

Buchbeschreibung Grin Verlag, 2013. Taschenbuch. Buchzustand: Gebraucht. Gebraucht - Sehr gut - ungelesen, sehr gut mit leichten Mängeln an Schnitt oder Umschlag durch Lager- oder Transportschaden, Mängelexemplar - Scientific Essay from the year 2013 in the subject Environmental Sciences, grade: 3, , course: Environmental Monitoring & Modelling, language: English, abstract: Protection against flooding and creating deep access to maritime sea routes was the basic requirement for creating prosperity. In the course of many centuries, hydraulic engineering, dredging technology and land reclamation have emerged as means for creating water-bound prosperity and economic development (DEME, 2013). Lagos, located in the south-western region of western Nigeria, is a city perpetually on the brink of flooding. Bounded in the South by the Atlantic Ocean, the city is situated on the mainland, home to 70% of the city's population with series of islands and a peninsula that holds the remaining 30% (Ogunlesi, 2012). The pressures of overpopulation, the growth of industry and the need for protection of the environment were the driving forces behind the project to conquer land from the sea. Although Lagos state is the smallest state in Nigeria, with an area of 356,861 hectares of which 75,755 hectares are wetlands, yet it has the highest population. The rate of population growth is about 600,000 per annum with a population density of about 4,193 persons per sq. km (Lagos State Government, 2013). In 2008, the Nigerian government commissioned the Shoreline Protection Project, which involved the construction of a 7km long mass of rocks, topped by 5 ton concrete blocks that will rise 9m above sea level. The dam will protect Eko Atlantic City, the massive new $6 billion infrastructure and real estate development (Ogunlesi, 2012). Still 2008 Lagos State Government and South Energyx launched the plan to build a 21st-century city on reclaimed land from the Atlantic Ocean. The main goal for this EIA report is to conduct and provide a detailed document on the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of land reclamation from Atlantic Ocean for decision m 16 pp. Englisch. Artikel-Nr. INF1000042925

Weitere Informationen zu diesem Verkäufer | Frage an den Anbieter

Gebraucht kaufen
EUR 7,99
Währung umrechnen

In den Warenkorb

Versand: EUR 35,00
Von Deutschland nach USA
Versandziele, Kosten & Dauer

2.

Emelda Orakwue
Verlag: GRIN Publishing Jul 2013 (2013)
ISBN 10: 3656447675 ISBN 13: 9783656447672
Neu Anzahl: 1
Anbieter
AHA-BUCH GmbH
(Einbeck, Deutschland)
Bewertung
[?]

Buchbeschreibung GRIN Publishing Jul 2013, 2013. sonst. Bücher. Buchzustand: Neu. 212x144x15 mm. Neuware - Scientific Essay from the year 2013 in the subject Environmental Sciences, grade: 3, , course: Environmental Monitoring & Modelling, language: English, abstract: Protection against flooding and creating deep access to maritime sea routes was the basic requirement for creating prosperity. In the course of many centuries, hydraulic engineering, dredging technology and land reclamation have emerged as means for creating water-bound prosperity and economic development (DEME, 2013). Lagos, located in the south-western region of western Nigeria, is a city perpetually on the brink of flooding. Bounded in the South by the Atlantic Ocean, the city is situated on the mainland, home to 70% of the city's population with series of islands and a peninsula that holds the remaining 30% (Ogunlesi, 2012).The pressures of overpopulation, the growth of industry and the need for protection of the environment were the driving forces behind the project to conquer land from the sea. Although Lagos state is the smallest state in Nigeria, with an area of 356,861 hectares of which 75,755 hectares are wetlands, yet it has the highest population. The rate of population growth is about 600,000 per annum with a population density of about 4,193 persons per sq. km (Lagos State Government, 2013). In 2008, the Nigerian government commissioned the Shoreline Protection Project, which involved the construction of a 7km long mass of rocks, topped by 5 ton concrete blocks that will rise 9m above sea level. The dam will protect Eko Atlantic City, the massive new $6 billion infrastructure and real estate development (Ogunlesi, 2012). Still 2008 Lagos State Government and South Energyx launched the plan to build a 21st-century city on reclaimed land from the Atlantic Ocean. The main goal for this EIA report is to conduct and provide a detailed document on the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of land reclamation from Atlantic Ocean for decision making and impacts identification on the environment, despite the project has already commenced. This could be achieved through (1) identifying the project impacts and proposing mitigation measures, (2) provision of alternative measures and (3) check for project feasibility. 16 pp. Englisch. Artikel-Nr. 9783656447672

Weitere Informationen zu diesem Verkäufer | Frage an den Anbieter

Neu kaufen
EUR 12,99
Währung umrechnen

In den Warenkorb

Versand: EUR 29,50
Von Deutschland nach USA
Versandziele, Kosten & Dauer