Database Systems: The Complete Book
Bei weiteren Verkäufern erhältlichAlle Exemplare dieses Buches anzeigen
The Book Is Fine Condition. No Highlights Or Remarks. 1119 Pages With The Index. Tetxbook Binding.We ship from the USA and Canada. Buchnummer des Verkäufers 025873
Über diesen Titel:
For Database Systems and Database Design and Application courses offered at the junior, senior and graduate levels in Computer Science departments.
Written by well-known computer scientists, this introduction to database systems offers a comprehensive approach, focusing on database design, database use, and implementation of database applications and database management systems.
The first half of the book provides in-depth coverage of databases from the point of view of the database designer, user, and application programmer. It covers the latest database standards SQL:1999, SQL/PSM, SQL/CLI, JDBC, ODL, and XML, with broader coverage of SQL than most other texts. The second half of the book provides in-depth coverage of databases from the point of view of the DBMS implementor. It focuses on storage structures, query processing, and transaction management. The book covers the main techniques in these areas with broader coverage of query optimization than most other texts, along with advanced topics including multidimensional and bitmap indexes, distributed transactions, and information integration techniques.
Author Website http://infolab.stanford.edu/~ullman/dscb.html
Hector Garcia-Molina, Jeffrey D. Ullman, and Jennifer Widom, well-known computer scientists at Stanford University, have written an introduction to database systems with a comprehensive approach. The first half of the book provides in-depth coverage of databases from the point of view of the database designer, user, and application programmer. It covers the latest database standards SQL-1999, SQL/PSM, SQL/CLI, JDBC, ODL, and XML, with broader coverage of SQL than most other texts. The second half of the book provides in-depth coverage of databases from the point of view of the DBMS implementor. It focuses on management, covering the principal techniques in these areas with broader coverage of query optimization than most other texts. Advanced topics include multidimensional and bitmap indexes, distributed transactions, and information integration techniques. This comprehensive book is valuable either as an academic textbook or as a professional reference book.NOTEWORTHY FEATURES
- Offers a readable presentation with engaging, real-world examples. Includes aspects of SQL programming not found in some other texts: SQL/PSM (persistent stored modules), JDBC (Java interface), and SQL/CLI (ODBC, or open database connectivity).
- Introduces both object-oriented design, through the ODMG standard ODL, and object-relational design from the SQL-99 standard.
- Provides extensive coverage of query processing and query optimization, supported by an extended relational algebra that is designed to match the real features of SQL. Covers information integration, including warehousing, mediators, OLAP, data cubes, and data-mining techniques.
- Explains many important, specialized topics, such as error-correction in RAID disks, bitmap indexes, use of data statistics, and pointer swizzling.
- Supported by additional teaching materials on the book's home page at http://www-db.stanford.edu/~ullman/dscb.html.
Titel: Database Systems: The Complete Book
Verlag: Prentice Hall
Auflage: 1st Edition.
Zahlungsarten, die dieser Verkäufer akzeptiert
Toronto, ON, Kanada
AbeBooks Verkäufer seit 4. Mai 1999
All prices in US Dollars, payable by international Money Order or Credit cards accepted through ABEBOOKS e-commerce, We can accept credit cards directly via Paypal at www.paypal.com --
All sales are on first come first served basis with confirmation.
Books will be held for 2 weeks(7 days) pending receipt of payment.
Shipping: $5.50 for 1st book.
$ 2.50 dollars for each additional book ordered on the same order within
North America. Outside North America they will be shipped at cost of at least $...
The books are shipped from the US and Canada. US address orders are shipped from the USA. Canadian orders are shipped from Canada.Orders usually ship within 2 business days. Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or over sized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.
Anbieterinformationen: Internet based used, old and rare book store. Selling books in the internet since 1998.