Allies in Healing: When the Person You Love Was Sexually Abused as a Child
0060968834 19th printing. Very good. Quality, Value, Experience. Media Shipped in New Boxes. For further information or scans please call or email. Buchnummer des Verkäufers BING711108
Über diesen Titel:
"But what about me?"
"Is it possible to go one day without dealing with the survivor's issues?"
"Will we ever make love again?"
"Will the survivor love me in the end?"
"How do I know if I should throw in the towel?"
Based on in-depth interviews and her workshops for partners across the country, Laura Davis offers practical advice and encouragement to all partners?girlfriends, boyfriends, spouses, and lovers?trying to support the survivors in their lives while tending to their own needs along the way. She shows couples how to deepen compassion, improve communication, and develop an understanding of healing as a shared activity. Addressing partners' most important questions, Allies in Healing covers:
- The Basics?answers common questions about sexual abuse.
- Allies in Healing?introduces key concepts of working and growing together.
- My Needs and Feelings?teaches partners to recognize, value, and express their own needs.
- Dealing with Crisis?includes strategies for handling suicidal feelings, regression, and hopelessness.
- Intimacy and Communication?offers practical advice on dealing with distancing, control, trust, and fighting.
- Sex?provides guidelines for coping with flashbacks, lack of desire, differences in sexual needs, and frustration.
- Family lssues?suggests a range of ideas for interacting with the survivor's family.
- Partners' Stories?explores the struggles, triumphs, and courage of eight partners.
Über den Autor:
Laura Davis is the author of The Courage to Heal Workbook, Allies in Healing, Becoming the Parent You Want to Be, and I Thought We'd Never Speak Again. She teaches writing and lives with her family in Santa Cruz, California.
Titel: Allies in Healing: When the Person You Love ...
Verlag: William Morrow Paperbacks
Zustand: Very Good
Zahlungsarten, die dieser Verkäufer akzeptiert
Money Order Bar PayPal
Robinson Street Books, IOBA
Binghamton, NY, USA
AbeBooks Verkäufer seit 31. Dezember 1996
AbeBooks Mitglied seit 1996
Robinson Street Books, 184 Robinson Street, Binghamton, NY 13904
Email: email@example.com Phone: 607-217-4328 Within USA: 800-
572-4416 Contact: Rhett Moran
All books are guaranteed to be as described. Books are returnable within 2
weeks. Please notify us before returning a book. All items are offered
to prior sale. ALL AUTOGRAPHS ARE GUARANTEED AUTHENTIC, and if found
otherwise, may be returned by original purchaser, for full refund without
time limit. We accept ALL MAJOR CRE...
Shipping: Media Mail Shipping: $4.49 first book, $1.00 each other. Priority
$7.50 first book $3.00 each other. Some books and sets added postage required.
Anbieterinformationen: Our offices and warehouse are located in Binghamton NY. All of our available books are on-line. We are not open to the public. Local buyers may make appointment to pick up items at our warehouse.