Ordered in 1938 to replace the aging ships on the Dutch East Indies route, her keel was laid in 1939 at De Schelde shipyard in Vlissingen, Netherlands, for Rotterdamsche Lloyd (now Nedlloyd). Interrupted by World War II and two bombing raids, the ship was finally launched in July 1946, as the Willem Ruys. The twin screw motor vessel of the Koninklijke Rotterdamse Lloyd was purposely built for the Dutch-Indies service. A sophisticated engine lay-out. Sailed on all seas for 47 years. Went up in flames in 1994.
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.