Tiling is one of the most popular, beautiful, and durable finishes in a home. And when done properly, it's richly rewarding for the homeowner, and highly profitable for the contractor.
Yet the finest tilework can easily fail if placed over a poor setting bed, or installed with the wrong materials, which can cause time-consuming and expensive callbacks. In this comprehensive guide to the best tiling practice, you'll learn step-by-step how to use the latest materials and methods in nearly every tile application.
Discover hundreds of expert guidelines, tips and techniques, including:
- The right tile, materials and installation methods for every job.
- The best details for long-lasting floor, wall, countertop, and shower installations.
- How to assess and reinforce a structure before installing tile.
- Preparing plywood, concrete, and other surfaces for proper tile adhesion.
- Foolproof techniques for tiling out-of-level and uneven surfaces.
- Preventing common cracks and water leaks with movement joints.
- Using tile membranes for 100% waterproof installations.
- Perfecting grout joints to protect tile edges, slow water penetration, and resist staining.
- On-the-job tips, tricks, and jigs for getting the most out of tile tools and equipment.
- And much more...
'This is the most comprehensive and most up-to date tile book on the market.' -Steve Bliss, former editor of JLC
Why sub out your tiling jobs? Tiling for Contractors will give you the critical knowledge, skill, and confidence to tackle any tiling job yourself, no matter how complex!
Learn from the best. Best-selling author Michael Byrne has been a ceramic tile installer, contractor, consultant and industry expert for more than 40 years. He's also a popular speaker and instructor at countless seminars and trade shows each year.
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.