Take an early morning walk around Dalhousie Square and admire the colonial buildings that once housed the British Raj before the bustle of Kolkata disturbs the quiet. When the noise picks up you can either head into a museum to learn more about this city’s fascinating past or relax watching locals play cricket in The Maiden. When you tire of the city head for the Sunderbans Tiger reserve to catch a glimpse of a Bengali tiger or to Bishnupur to see the splendid terracotta temples. Features detailed information on the cultural heart of India and up-to-date listings on where to eat, sleep and play.
· Essentials section with practical tips on getting there and around.
· Background section with fascinating information on the region’s unique history, culture & cuisine.
· Comprehensive listings of where to eat, sleep & play including festivals and markets.
· Detailed street maps for important cities and towns.
· Slim enough to fit in your pocket.
Loaded with advice and information, this concise Footprintfocus guide will help you get the most out of Kolkata and West Bengal without weighing you down.
The content of the Footprintfocus Kolkata and West Bengal guide has been extracted from Footprint’s India Handbook.
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Vanessa Betts is a writer and editor from England. She went to India in 1997, as the first stop on a round-the-world ticket, and then found out that nowhere else could quite compare. After time spent living and working in Australia, Egypt and England she has been based in India, chiefly in Kolkata, since March 2006.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.