With vibrant cities, dramatic scenery and a kaleidoscope of cultures, South Africa is an exciting place to be. Whether you're searching for the ‘Big Five' in Kruger National Park or exploring Cape Town's historic vineyards, there's something to appeal to every taste and budget. From the snowcapped peaks of the Drakensberg to the sweeping emptiness of the Kalahari Desert, the 11th edition of Footprint's indispensable guide will help you find everything under the African sun.
· Includes information on how to get there and how to get around
· Carefully planned itineraries to help you have the best possible experience whether you’re traveling for one, two or three weeks
· The heart of the guide is divided by region, giving comprehensive information on Cape Town and the Winelands, Western Cape, Garden Route, Eastern Cape, KwaZulu Natal, Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Limpopo, North West Province, Free State, Northern Cape, Lesotho and Swaziland
· Detailed listings on where to sleep, eat and play are provided for every region, enabling you to have an even better travel experience
· Full-color mini atlas will help you get your bearings and plan your journeys
· Additional full-color section exploring South Africa’s spectacular wildlife with gorgeous photographs of the types of wildlife you can expect to see and where to see it
From the tropical beaches of KwaZulu Natal to the quirky beach-side hedonism of Cape Town, Footprint’s fully updated 11th edition will help you get to the heart of this incredible and varied country.
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
· Expert author Lizzie Williams knows South Africa inside out; she has travelled extensively throughout the country researching this new edition
· A durable compact lightweight guide that is portable and designed for the rigors of independent travel
· Comprehensive coverage of the main attractions plus dozens of activities and adventures that will help you get off the beaten track
· In-depth information about history, culture and politics, plus detailed listings and advice
· Inspirational trip planning with suggested itineraries, maps and a special southern African wildlife featureAbout the Author:
Originally from London, Lizzie has worked and lived in Africa for 14 years. Starting out on trips across the continent as a tour leader on overland trucks, she has sat with a gorilla, slept amongst elephants, fed a giraffe and swum with a hippo and is now something of an expert on border crossings and African beer. For Footprint she is author of South Africa, Namibia, Kenya and Tanzania; has written the only country guide to Nigeria and the first city guide to Johannesburg for Bradt; is author of the AA Spiral Guide to South Africa and Africa Overland, a glossy look at the overland route from Nairobi to Cape Town, is co-author of the DK Eyewitness to Kenya, and has contributed to Turkey and Egypt for Rough Guides. She has written various online African destination guides for leading websites in the UK and US including Frommers, British Airways and World Travel Guide.net. When not on the road, Lizzie lives in Cape Town.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.