From imperial cities to Atlantic fortress towns, medinas to mint tea, Footprint's fully revised and updated 6th edition to Morocco guides you round the land that has intrigued travelers for centuries. Whether you want to go trekking high into the Atlas mountains, shop in the souks, or soak up some sun, this new edition has detailed coverage of it all, plus thorough accommodation listings, where to eat and drink and all the best sights.
The heart of the guide is divided by region, giving comprehensive information on Marrakech & Essaouira, High Atlas, Fes, Meknes & Middle Atlas, the Desert & Gorges, Agadir & the South, Rabat, Casablanca & the Atlantic coast, Tangier & the North and East Morocco. Each region has an overview map which includes ‘Don’t miss’ destinations, local information on how to get around, detailed street maps where relevant, and an Essentials section with information on banks, embassies, emergency services and local festivals. Detailed listings on where to sleep, eat and play are provided for every destination within each region, enabling you to have an even better travel experience.
· Essentials section with tips on getting there and around
· Our recommended itineraries to help you plan your trip whether you’re travelling for one week or four
· Accommodation listings for every budget from riads and guesthouses to hotels and mountain huts
· Detailed street maps for important towns and cities
· Full-color mini atlas section to help you plan your trip and get your bearings
· Trekking routes and other adventure sports in and around Morocco’s mountain ranges
· Where to buy the best babouches, carpets, ceramics, leatherwork and all manner of things in this shopper’s paradise
· Best activities, including desert safaris, trekking, climbing and surfing
Packed with information on all the main attractions as well as detailed information on the dozens of activities and adventures that will help you get off the beaten track, Footprint’s Morocco Handbook will take you to the heart of this intriguing country.
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
· Expert author Julius knows Morocco inside out; he has travelled extensively throughout the country researching this new edition
· Comprehensive coverage of the main attractions, plus dozens of activities and adventures that will help you get off the beaten track
· In-depth information about history, culture and politics, plus detailed listings and advice on trekking in the High Atlas
· Inspirational trip planning with itineraries, maps and special features on surfing, spas and riadsAbout the Author:
Julius Honnor is a travel writer and photographer based in London. He has written and updated several books for Footprint, including Footprint’s Bolivia and various bits of Italy. He first visited Morocco in the early 1990s. Having grown up on the edge of Dartmoor, he was initially attracted by its big open spaces; he now finds Morocco’s narrow winding streets equally intriguing. More from Julius at juliushonnor.com.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Buchbeschreibung Footprint Aug 2012, 2012. Buch. Buchzustand: Neu. Neuware - Footprint's Morocco Handbook has been thoroughly revised and updated ensuring travelers get the best out of their trip. 480 pp. Englisch. Artikel-Nr. 9781907263316