For 40 years, millions of fans have watched the ultimate celebration of the game of football: the Super Bowl. Super Bowl XL Opus, a massive, stunning new publication, is the ultimate tribute to this legendary sporting event. Chronicling Super Bowls I to XL, cinematic in style, Super Bowl XL Opus brings readers closer to the action than any publication has ever done. The images are truly breathtaking, the text is written by some of America's finest writers, and the quality and sheer scale of the Opus are totally unique. At 20" x 20", 850 pages, and weighing in at over 80 lbs, this is the heaviest sports-related book ever published.
The Opus is limited to a total edition of 20,000. The MVP edition is numbered 1 to 400; the Limited Edition is numbered 401 to 20,000. Every edition contains a microchip encrypted with codes unique to each Opus. This guarantees that the Opus is authentic and protects the value of your prized possession.
Every copy of the Opus, Limited or MVP edition, is hand-sewn and bound, covered in the finest quality leather, and presented in a wood-construction clamshell-style case covered in screen-printed silk. Included are over 150,000 words from America's finest sportswriters, among them Dave Anderson, Red Smith, Jim Murray, Dan Jenkins, Roy Blount, Jr., and David Halberstam. Excerpts from the biographies and memoirs of Bart Starr, Joe Namath, and Jerry Kramer, among others, are also included. The 1400 spectacular images, many previously unpublished, span the entire history of the Super Bowl. The photographs were taken by such legendary lensmen as Walter Iooss, Jr., Neil Leifer, Michael Zagaris, and Heinz Kluetmeier. Unpublished photographs by Barton Silverman, the 1969 Jets team photographer, include images of the incredible homecoming of MVP Joe Namath. Plus, an 80” x 20” gatefold of MVP portraits by Walter Iooss, Jr., shot on a 20” x 24” Polaroid camera, captures the heart and soul of the players who posed for them at Super Bowl XL.
There is yet another feature of the Super Bowl XL Opus that is truly unique: the ultimate Super Bowl Game Chart. The most comprehensive and detailed game chart ever created, it not only details every play of every Super Bowl, but by cross-referencing player rosters and recording the role of each player on the field, the reader is able to track the ball and really experience the flow of the game in a way that has never been achieved before.
Quality is everything. The Super Bowl XL Opus is like nothing else.
* Limited to 20,000 books, each individually numbered
* 850 pages printed on the finest semi-matte 200 gsm paper
* Pages are printed using a seven-color process and top-quality, light-fast inks
* Every page is edged in luxurious silver gilding
* Weighing over 80 pounds, the Super Bowl XL Opus is the heaviest sports book ever published
* Every copy is hand-sewn and bound using traditional techniques, and covered in the finest quality leather
* Presented in a wood construction clamshell-style case, covered in screen-printed silk
* Contains a microchip encrypted with unique codes individual to each Opus. This guarantees that the Opus is authentic and protects the value of your prized possession.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.