Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of open roads while touring Italy with Lonely Planet's Italy's Best Trips, your passport to up-to-date advice on uniquely encountering Italy via l'auto. Featuring 38 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can weave along the precarious Amalfi Coast or relish a sunny drive in Tuscan hills, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to Italy, rent a car, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet's Italy's Best Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - 46 easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Free, convenient pull-out Italy road map (included in print version)
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices, Italian road signs key
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Driving Problem Buster, Detours, and Link Your Trip
- Covers Rome, Venice, Pompeii, Dolomites, Cinque Terre, Florence, Amalfi Coast, Lake Como, Valle d'Aosta, Tuscany, Milan, Piedmont, Italian Riviera, Abruzzo, Umbria, Emilia-Romagna, Naples, Puglia, Sardinia, Sicily and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Italy's Best Trips is perfect for exploring Italy via the road and discovering sights that are moreaccessible by car.
- Planning an Italian trip sans a car? Lonely Planet's Italy guide, our most comprehensive guide to Italy is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems. Looking for just Italy's highlights? Check out Discover Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on a specific Italian city? Check out Lonely Planet's Rome guide, Florence & Tuscany guide, and Venice & the Veneto guide for a comprehensive look at all that these cities have to offer, or Pocket Rome, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
There's More in Store for You:
- See more of Europe's picturesque country sides and have a richer, more authentic experience by exploring Europe by car with Lonely Planet's European Best Trips guides to France and Ireland. Or start with our FREE SAMPLER 'Europe's Best Trips: 3 Amazing Road Trips,' with excerpts from each guide to help you pick which region to explore first.
- Also, check out Lonely Planet's USA Best Trips guides to USA, California, New England, Southwest USA, New York & the Mid-Atlantic, Florida & the South, and The Pacific Northwest and our FREE SAMPLER 'USA's Best Trips: 7 Amazing Road Trips' for more road trip inspiration.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Paula Hardy, Duncan Garwood and Robert Landon.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.