Cities represent civilization and human achievement: they are bubbling microcosms of virtues and vices, vanguards of technology and creative pursuits, incubators of traditions and melting-pots of diversity. More than half the world's population now lives in cities, and for travelers they hold an endless fascination.
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travellers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travellers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travellers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travellers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
New York Times, August 2006
'...offers days of browsing pleasure.'
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Buchbeschreibung Footscray: Lonely Planet, 2006. Hardback in Dust Wrapper. Please note that at 2.8Kg. this book will require additional postage outside of the UK. | Dust Wrapper over Black boards with Silver titling to the Spine & Upper Board. 12¼" x 9½". 427pp. Index. | Illustrated by way of: Colour Plates; Maps; <br For more photos or information, use the «Ask Bookseller» button and I'll be pleased to help. The book is in stock and ships from the rustic nirvana of Peasedown St. John, near Bath, England from a long-established bookseller - guaranteed by my reputation and the UK Distance Selling Act. Remember! BUYING THIS BOOK means my Jack Russells get their supper! Condition :: Very Good+ - in Very Good Dust Wrapper. A little rubbing to the edges of the dust wrapper at the head of the spine otherwise a very well presented copy. Artikel-Nr. 178000
Buchbeschreibung Lonely Planet, 01.03.2006., 2006. Buchzustand: Gut. Auflage: 1. 427 Seiten Buch ist leicht verlagert (schief), kleine Lagerspuren am Buch, Inhalt einwandfrei und ungelesen 404610 Sprache: Englisch Gewicht in Gramm: 2430 30,8 x 23,6 x 3,4 cm, Gebundene Ausgabe. Artikel-Nr. 160490