Boldly rising from the shores of Lake Michigan, Chicago is the center of American innovation - birthplace of the skyscraper, house music, deep-dish pizza and the Ferris wheel. The urban hub of America's heartland, the city exudes friendliness, creativity, hospitality and straight-talking humor. Our smart, stylish guide will help you discover Chicago your way.
Explore The City - whether surveying Art Institute impressionism, ogling Loop architecture, hanging out in Millennium Park or knocking back beers in Bucktown, our local authors inspire you to explore.
Have Fun - tested tips for finding free music festivals, hot dogs or haute cuisine, sandy lakeshore beaches or great seats at the friendly confines of Wrigley Field.
Go All Night - at avant-garde theaters, stylish West Loop galleries, sultry nightclubs or on a well-worn bar stool with 10 of your new best friends.
Hit The Road - expanded itineraries spotlight the best of the Great Plains, from breweries and bratwurst in Milwaukee to sand dunes and old Victorians on Michigan's Gold Coast.
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travellers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travellers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travellers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travellers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
...these smart and exhaustively researched guides have become the gold standard for serious, independent travelers.' --San Francisco Chronicle
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.