Discover Southern Africa
Climb atop a scorching sand dune in Sossusvlei, Namibia, and listen to the overpowering silence.
Fall asleep to the sounds of grunting hippos and howling hyenas in Mana Pools National Park, Zimbabwe.
Stand on the sidelines during Swaziland's Umhlanga Dance, while potential wives parade before the king.
In this Guide
8 authors, 249 days of in-country research, 109 maps, 97 buses.
Specialist music chapter and full-color wildlife section.
Incorporating 1073 traveler tips and suggestions.
Don't take our word for it - find out what travelers think at lonelyplanet.com
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travellers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travellers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travellers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travellers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
For sheer global reach and dogged research, attention must be paid to Lonely Planet...' --Los Angeles Times, February 2, 2003
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.