Sip espresso in Kerouac's hangouts and bump noses with buffalo in Golden Gate Park. Navigate through the hidden pockets of San Francisco, your trusty City Map clutched in hand.
Highlights featured on the map include:
- Golden Gate Bridge - Named for the hue of the hills at sunset, San Francisco's iconic pendant was erected one fluted tower at a time beginning in 1933.
- Alcatraz - The country's most famous prison enjoys one of its most beautiful settings and, in turn, exacted the cruellest form of torture on its inmates.
- Fisherman's Wharf - Like every seaside resort, Fisherman's Wharf is a scruffy mix of carnival attractions, chain restaurants and souvenir stands.
- The Castro - Synonymous with 'coming out, ' the Castro is a refuge for gay people from all over the country.
- The Haight - Documented ad nauseam, the Haight-Ashbury of the 1960s could romatically be described as a youth utopia. An anti-establishment idealism still persists to this day.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.