Book by Grimes Roger A
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
...a handy book to keep as a general security reference. - Lou Vega, member, Greater Charleston .NET User Group ...this looks like it'd be cool as h3ll to really do. - Bill Ryan, Bills House O Insomnia Installing a honeypot inside your network as an early warning system can significantly improve your security. Currently, almost every book and resource about honeypots comes from a Unix background, which leaves Windows administrators still grasping for help. But Honeypots for Windows is a forensic journeyhelping you set up the physical layer, design your honeypot, and perform malware code analysis. Youll discover which Windows ports need to be open on your honeypot to fool those malicious hackers, and youll learn about numerous open source tools imported from the Unix world. Install a honeypot on your DMZ or at home and watch the exploits roll in! Your honeypot will capture waves of automated exploits, and youll learn how to defend the computer assets under your control.Reseña del editor:
* Talks about hardening a Windows host before deploying Honeypot
* Covers how to create your own emulated services to fool hackers
* Discusses physical setup of Honeypot and network necessary to draw hackers to Honeypot
* Discusses how to use Snort to co-exist with Honeypot
* Discusses how to use a Unix-style Honeypot to mimic a Windows host
* Discusses how to fine-tune a Honeypot
* Discusses OS fingerprinting, ARP tricks, packet sniffing, and exploit signatures
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.