A boy and his dog, girls and their horses the clichés click because they’re so often true. But some kids do more than play with their pets, and some animals do more than fetch and purr. These kids and animals love unconditionally, and through that love, the condition of each is transformed. This collection is for animal lovers of all ages and for anyone who wants to smile or needs to heal. You’ll meet:
* Ricochet, the golden retriever who surfs in charity events to raise money for children with disabilities
* Casper, the rabbit who helps a boy sleep through the night in his foster home
* Sparkles, the Dalmatian whose fire-safety lesson saves the lives of a five-year-old and her father
* Snazzy, the black pony who helps a boy learn to talk
* Cocoa puff, the guinea pig who loves hearing children read
* Frankie, the dachshund with wheel legs” who helps a boy with a leg brace find hope
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
"In the stories told in Animals and the Kids Who Love Them, children and their parents are faced with what appear to be insurmountable obstacles to success. Animals have come into their lives and motivated them and given them the assistance they need to become so much more than anyone could have hoped for or expected. You're about to meet animals living in homes with children who face challenges most of us cannot imagine living with on a daily basis. Some stories in the book introduce children who readily experience sensory overload; touch is uncomfortable for them, even painful; they do not speak or cannot see or cannot walk. Shattered children, they have been blessed with pets who act as their Rosetta stone, helping them decipher the confusing world around them."--Allen and Linda Anderson, Animals and the Kids Who Love Them, pp xvi - xviiAbout the Author:
New York Times bestselling authors Allen and Linda Anderson are the founders of the Angel Animals Network, inspirational speakers, clergy members, and the authors of many books, including Angel Cats, Angel Dogs with a Mission, Saying Goodbye to Your Angel Animals, Animal Actors, and Angel Horses. They live in Minneapolis with their family of pets.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.