Award-winning artist/author and long-time educator MK Grassi presents Let's Eat Bugs!
This tasty little book provides an entertaining and concise introduction to the hot topic of entomophagy (the practice of eating insects, spiders and centipedes). Lets Eat Bugs
has been written to stimulate interest & discussion and to encourage additional research (a carefully selected list of recommended books, videos, and online resources is included).
Inside you will find:
- a rather shocking introduction
- an enticing appetizer of 3 good reasons why eating bugs is a smart idea
- a delectable smorgasbord of 15 creepy crawlers that includes descriptions of what they taste like and how they are typically prepared for consumption (today's menu features Ants, Bees, Beetles, Caterpillars, Cockroaches, Crickets, Grasshoppers, Hornworms, June Bugs, Locusts, Millipedes, Scorpions, Tarantulas, Termites, and Wasps)
- a sour side dish of 3 common objections to eating bugs
- a satisfying dessert/conclusion
- a helpful breath-mint-list of recommended resources for further study
You will also find more than 50 delicious photographs and illustrations and a gentle dose of humor sprinkled in for added flavor!
Incidentally, the vocabulary in Let's Eat Bugs
is geared to teens and adults, but younger children will enjoy it too if they read it together with their parents. Note: This is the second edition and it contains some new information about insect recipes and a discussion of the merits of catching bugs versus raising or buying them.
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.