Zu dieser ISBN ist aktuell kein Angebot verfügbar.Alle Exemplare der Ausgabe mit dieser ISBN anzeigen:
The ultimate book for surfers, would-be surfers, and anyone who wants to get in shape and stay there. A detailed surf manual that includes surfing exercises, tips on how to surf better, photos, surf stories and more. This book and Surf Better have the only simple, effective, zero-impact, surf-specific workout available.
Secrets of Power Surfing is a unique surf book including:
· Stretching exercises: for surfing, for other sports, and for daily life.
· Surf exercises: specific exercises for surfing fitness in all phases of surfing, including paddling, popping up, board control and general flexibility and agility.
· How to surf: from observation to dermination to common sense, a collection of tips and advice on how to surf better and have better surf sessions.
· Surf stories: a variety of surf scenes witnessed and surfing situations experienced, to illustrate the points made in the book.
· Surfing photos: each photo illustrates a point made in the book.
NOTE: Surfers looking for a more technical presentation of surf and surfing may prefer Surf Better by the same author.Biografía del autor:
Take a kid who's hooked on waves, add age and injuries, season with determination, top with magic, and serve. There's more to life, but this is the essence...
Dave Rearwin grew up surfing in Southern California in the 1950s with a crew that included legends like Rick Naish, Carl Ekstrom and Butch Van Artsdalen. He transitioned from balsa to foam, from longboards to shortboards, and from the no-leash, no-wetsuit era to the ease and comfort we enjoy today.
Sidelined by sports injuries, he developed a series of non-destructive, zero-impact, surf-specific exercises (many derived from physical therapy workouts) that allowed him to get back into surfing after a layoff of several years. These are the exercises that form the core of this book.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.