Having just taken the history crusades exam I can confidently say this is the most helpful book you will find to aid you through the crusades....[P]ictures and maps the whole way through...[make] everything easier to understand, particularly if, like me, you're not great at geography. This book is pretty much a necessity if you will be taking the crusades course for history A-level. ( Amazon reviewer)Reseña del editor:
Think more deeply and work more independently at A level History through a carefully thought-out enquiry approach from SHP.
Enquiring History: It makes you think!
The OFSTED report on school history suggests that the current generation of A Level students have been poorly served by exam-based textbooks which spoon-feed students while failing to enthuse them or develop deeper understandings of studying History
The Schools History Project has risen to this challenge with a new series for the next generation. Enquiring History is SHP's fresh approach to Advanced Level History that aims:
- To motivate and engage readers
- To help readers think and gain independence as learners
- To encourage enquiry, and deeper understanding of periods and the people of the past
- To engage with current scholarship
- To prepare A Level students for university
Key features of each Student book
- Clear compelling narrative - books are designed to be read cover to cover
- Structured enquiries - that explore the core content and issues of each period
- 'Insight' panels between enquiries provide context, overview, and extension
- Full colour illustrations throughout
The Crusades: Conflict and controversy 1095-1291
There has never been a more important time to study the Crusades. Religious conflict is a fact of life in the twenty-first century no less than it was in the medieval world. And yet the world of the Crusades is so different from ours that it takes a massive leap of imagination to make sense of these events. This book takes on that challenge: opening a window onto the 12th and 13th century worlds to understand what on earth was going on. It examines the Crusades themselves; the controversies surrounding them; and the past and current re-interpretations of the period.
Web-based support includes
- lesson planning tools and guidance for teachers available from the SHP website http://www.schoolshistoryproject.org.uk/Publishing/BooksSHP/BooksALvlEHS.html
- eBooks for whole class teaching or individual student reading available from eBook retailers
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Buchbeschreibung Hodder Education Textbooks Apr 2013, 2013. Taschenbuch. Buchzustand: Neu. 246 x 190 x 7 mm. Neuware - Think more deeply and work more independently at A level History through a carefully thought-out enquiry approach from SHP. Englisch. Artikel-Nr. 9781444144512