Medical Terminology: A Short Course, 6th Edition
Quickly master the basics of medical terminology and begin speaking and writing terms almost immediately! Using Davi-Ellen Chabner's proven learning methods, Medical Terminology: A Short Course, 6th Edition omits time-consuming, nonessential information and helps you build a working medical vocabulary of the most frequently encountered suffixes, prefixes, and word roots. Medical terms are introduced in the context of human anatomy and physiology to help you understand exactly what they mean, and case studies, vignettes, and activities demonstrate how medical terms are used in practice. With all this plus medical animations, word games, and flash cards on the companion Evolve website, you'll be amazed at how easily medical terminology becomes part of your vocabulary.
- Simple, clear, non-technical explanations demystify medical terminology even if you've had little or no background in medicine or science.
- Self-teaching text/workbook approach reinforces learning every step of the way with labeling diagrams, pronunciation tests, and review sheets throughout the book.
- Full-color images illustrate anatomical and pathological terms.
- UNIQUE Picture Show activities, practical case studies, and vignettes demonstrate real-life applications of medical terms.
- Spotlight feature identifies and clarifies potentially confusing terminology.
- Audio pronunciations and definitions help you pronounce terms correctly and commit their definitions to memory.
- Labeled illustrations in the Spanish glossary present Spanish terms used in the healthcare setting.
- A companion Evolve website includes word games, learning exercises, audio pronunciations, animations, an anatomy coloring book, electronic flash cards, and more.
- First Person vignettes provide personal narratives to help you understand diseases and conditions from a patient's perspective.
- Principal Diagnosis feature shows how medical terms are used in clinical practice by asking you to read physician notes about a case and determine the patient's principal diagnosis.
- Medical Terminology Check Up at the end of each chapter reinforces key concepts.
- New and updated medical information keeps you current with today's healthcare terminology and includes new and re-drawn illustrations.
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.