Hand and Upper Extremity Rehabilitation - Text and E-Book Package: A Practical Guide
Reseña del editor
This practical resource blends the technical and clinical skills and knowledge of hand surgery and hand therapy for the treatment of common medical conditions affecting the upper extremity. Written in an outline format, it covers non-surgical and surgical procedures for these conditions, along with their purpose and rationale. The new edition addresses not only the hand, but also features expanded coverage of the wrist, elbow, and shoulder. Both conservative and postoperative rehabilitation are reviewed, and potential postoperative complications are addressed.
- Each chapter is written by a hand therapist, and the operative content within each chapter is contributed by a hand surgeon, reflecting the collaborative nature of current practice.
- The editorial board consists of three hand therapists and two hand surgeons.
- Chapters follow a templated, outline format that enables readers to quickly access information about therapeutic approaches for diagnoses in the clinical setting.
- Expanded content provides the most current information for effective practice, covering topics such as scar management, radial nerve compression, tendon transfers for ulnar nerve palsy, brachial plexus injuries, complex extensor tendon injuries, extensor tendon tenolysis, and shoulder instabilities.
- New easy-to-use organization divides chapters into 8 parts - Wound Management, Nerve Injuries, Tendon Injuries, Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist and Distal Radial Ulnar Joint, Hand, and Special Topics - so information can be located quickly.
- New chapters offer expanded coverage of the wrist, elbow, and shoulder, with discussions of radial nerve compression, brachial plexus injuries, shoulder instabilities, elbow arthroscopy, wrist arthroscopy, carpal fractures and instabilities, TFCC injuries, and wrist arthroplasty.
- Over 400 new line drawings and clinical photographs delineate important concepts described in text.
- 51 leading experts offer fresh insight and authoritative guidance on therapeutic approaches for many common diagnoses.
- Clinical outcomes now included in each chapter relate clinical expectations to the results of clinical research trials, providing the therapist with the expected range of motion and function based on evidence in the literature.
- Reference lists and suggested readings have been updated to include the most current, relevant references.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.