Zu dieser ISBN ist aktuell kein Angebot verfügbar.Alle Exemplare der Ausgabe mit dieser ISBN anzeigen:
Book by Coombs W William Timothy
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
"Coombs is successful in linking effective crisis planning to the effective navigation of diverse sets of crisis management writings and diverse areas of knowledge ranging from small-group decision making to evaluation methods... the depth of information received within each chapter as both individual chapters and a collection of chapters makes this book a definite read for organization practitioners in many fields and education. The book is suitable for a variety of industry practitioners, scholars, faculty, and students in fields as communication studies, public relations, business management, and emergency management." (Jennifer F. Wood Ph.D. 2011-04-20)Reseña del editor:
Crisis communication is the life blood of crisis management: when communication is ineffective so is the crisis management effort. This book emphasizes the role of communication throughout the crisis management process. W. Timothy Coombs uses a three-staged approach to crisis management - pre-crisis, crisis, and post-crisis. He reviews the latest research, explains how crisis communication can prevent or reduce the threats of a crisis, and provides guidelines for how best to act and react in an emergency situation.
New to the Third Edition:
· A new chapter on the Internet and social media, showing how it has become both a tool for recognizing warning signs as well as a key channel for communicating with stakeholders during a crisis
· Updated discussion throughout to reflect the importance of the online world: The book explores the concept of paracrisis; covers online preparations organizations should make; considers the effects of social media on the crisis response; and explores the emergence of online memorials
· Integrates crisis management with three other proactive management functions - issues management, risk management, and reputation management - demonstrating that the best way to manage a crisis is to prevent one
· A new epilogue summarizing key lessons for managers from the vast crisis communication research literature.
· "What would you do?" cases are included throughout. With information from a real crisis event, a series of questions allow students to apply concepts in the chapter to the case
· Discussion Questions are provided at the end of each chapter, helping readers extend their understanding of the material.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Buchbeschreibung SAGE Publications, Inc, 2011. Gut/Very good: Buch bzw. Schutzumschlag mit wenigen Gebrauchsspuren an Einband, Schutzumschlag oder Seiten. / Describes a book or dust jacket that does show some signs of wear on either the binding, dust jacket or pages. Artikel-Nr. M0141298310X-V