This reader contains lines of Latin selections from Ovid poems, designed for students moving from elementary or intermediate Latin into reading the authentic Latin of Ovid. Introductory materials include an overview of the life and work of Ovid, bibliography, and description of Ovidian meters.
Latin selections are accompanied by pre-reading materials, grammatical exercises, vocabulary notes, notes to assist reading comprehension, and other reading aids. Appendices on grammar and figures of speech, and a pull-out vocabulary of words appearing frequently in Ovid round out the book's innovative features.
* Pre-reading materials help students understand underlying cultural and literary concepts
* Short explanations of grammatical and syntactical usage, with exercises
* First version of the Latin text with transitional aids: implied words in parentheses, difficult noun-adjective pairings in different fonts, words re-ordered to facilitate comprehension
* Complete vocabulary and grammatical notes on facing pages
* Post-reading materials encourage appreciation of Ovid's style and reflection on what has been read
* Pull-out vocabulary of Latin words not annotated
* Second version of Latin text is without transitional aids, but with notes
Catullus : a Legamus Transitional Reader - ISBN 086516634X
Horace: A Legamus Transitional Reader - ISBN 0865166765
For over 30 years Bolchazy-Carducci Publishers has produced the highest quality Latin and ancient Greek books. From Dr. Seuss books in Latin to Plato's Apology, Bolchazy-Carducci's titles help readers learn about ancient Rome and Greece; the Latin and ancient Greek languages are alive and well with titles like Cicero's De Amicitia and Kaegi's Greek Grammar. We also feature a line of contemporary eastern European and WWII books.
Some of the areas we publish in include:
Selections From The Aeneid
Latin Grammar & Pronunciation
Greek Grammar & Pronunciation
Texts Supporting Wheelock's Latin
Classical author workbooks: Vergil, Ovid, Horace, Catullus, Cicero
Vocabulary Cards For AP Selections: Vergil, Ovid, Catullus, Horace
Slovak Culture And History
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Caroline Perkins is professor and chair of the department of Classics at Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia.
Denise Davis-Henry has taught Latin at Bishop Watterson High School since 1986.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Buchbeschreibung PLYMBRIDGE DISTRIBUTORS LTD Apr 2008, 2008. Taschenbuch. Buchzustand: Neu. Neuware - Englisch. Artikel-Nr. 9780865166042