If you own or are considering a new Android smartphone, My Android Phone is your must-have companion.
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping your Android 5 (Lollipop) phone working just the way you want. Learn how to:
· Master Android 5’s new tools, improved interface, and best shortcuts
· Quickly set up your phone, Google account, and Wi-Fi connection
· Play and organize all your media: music, photos, YouTube videos, movie rentals, eBooks, and more
· Efficiently manage your life: contacts, events, and more
· Connect securely via VPNs
· Link to nearby Android devices via Wi-Fi Direct
· Use one app to manage all your email accounts, not just Gmail
· Discover today’s fastest Chrome web browser shortcuts
· Bookmark and share the sites you visit
· Browse the web “incognito,” without leaving evidence on your phone
· Use Google Maps and Google Now to find any destination
· Discover great new apps and games in the Google Play Store--even great freebies
· Create amazing images with Panorama and Photo Spheres
· Customize everything from ringtones to wallpaper and widgets
· Use Google Wallet to pay for items and send or receive money
· Optimize battery life and uncover apps that are draining power
· Control data usage to avoid costly overages
· Use your phone with a new Android Wear smartwatch
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Craig James Johnston has been involved with technology since his high school days at Glenwood High in Durban, South Africa, when his school was given some Apple ][ Europluses. From that moment, technology captivated him, and he has owned, supported, evangelized, and written about it.
Craig has been involved in designing and supporting large-scale enterprise networks with integrated email and directory services since 1989. He has held many different IT-related positions in his career ranging from sales support engineer to mobile architect for a 40,000-smartphone infrastructure at a large bank.
You can see Craig’s previously published work in his books Professional BlackBerry, and many books in the My series, covering devices from Apple, BlackBerry, HTC, Google, Motorola, and Samsung.
Craig also enjoys high-horsepower, high-speed vehicles and tries very hard to keep to the speed limit while driving them. Originally from Durban, South Africa, Craig has lived in the United Kingdom, the San Francisco Bay Area, and New Jersey, where he now lives with his wife, Karen, and a couple of cats.
Craig would love to hear from you. Feel free to contact Craig about your experiences with My Android Phone at http://www.CraigsBooks.info.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Buchbeschreibung Que Jul 2015, 2015. Taschenbuch. Buchzustand: Neu. Neuware - Every task is presented step-by-step, using carefully annotated, colorful screenshots, all numbered so there's no chance of getting lost of confused. Everything's clearly organized in modular, self-contained chapters designed to help you get started fast. Throughout, the book is packed with helpful tips, lists, and quick solutions to common problems -- all you need to master your Android smartphone and make the absolute most of it. 464 pp. Englisch. Artikel-Nr. 9780789754790