Windows 10 In Depth is just the guide you need. It will get you through the learning curve to become a Windows 10 expert. The authors of Windows 10 In Depth have scaled the steepest part of the learning curve for you, and give you great guidance from the first page to the last, from your first hour with Windows 10 to long-term management and maintenance tasks.
In addition, this book is part of Que’s exciting new Content Update Program. As Microsoft updates features of Windows 10, sections of this book will be updated or new sections will be added to match the updates to the software. The updates will be delivered to you via a FREE Web Edition of this book, which can be accessed with any Internet connection. To learn more, visit www.quepublishing.com/CUP. This book's FREE companion Web Edition has been updated to include new features and other changes to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition.
This massive book includes detailed step-by-step procedures, which you through even the most complex configuration and management tasks. Whether you have a traditional PC or a souped-up tablet with a touchscreen, Windows 10 In Depth is just the guide you need. It will get you through the learning curve to become a Windows 10 expert. The authors have scaled the steepest part of the learning curve for you. From the first page to the last, and from your first hour with Windows 10, Brian Knittel and Paul McFedries share their 50+ years of combined Windows, networking, and security experience with you.
In this book, Knittel and McFedries
· Take you on an in-depth tour of the new Windows 10 user interface
· Show you how to upgrade an older version of Windows or how to install Windows 10 on a new computer
· Teach you how to configure your Windows settings to maximize this powerful new OS
· Show you how to navigate the new Modern user interface and apps
· Teach you how to use a plethora of desktop accessory apps, accessibility tools, and managing documents and files
· Show you Microsoft’s new (or revived, depending on how long you've been using Windows) Start button
· Guide you through using Cortana, Microsoft's new online personal digital assistant
· Explain how to get the most out of Windows Media Player, imaging devices, document scanners, and more
· Show you how to use Microsoft Edge, the replacement for Internet Explorer
· Teach you how to set up a LAN, share printers, and network with other operating systems
· Show you how to troubleshoot your network
· Teach you how to configure, maintain, and troubleshoot your system like a pro
· Give you details on tweaking the Windows Registry and using the command-line interface and utilities
· Guide you through setting up your computer’s firewall, defending yourself from spyware and viruses, and protecting yourself from online fraud
· Show you how to get the most out of your laptop or tablet PC when traveling
· Get up and running with the Windows touch interface
· Teach you how to use Microsoft’s Hyper-V virtualization technology to run other operating systems side by side with Windows 10, or to run Windows 10 within another operating system
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Brian Knittel is a software developer, consultant, and writer. He has authored or coauthored many of Que’s best-selling Windows books, including Que’s leading Windows books, Windows 8.1 In Depth, Windows 8 In Depth, Windows 7 In Depth, and Special Edition Using Microsoft Windows for Windows 2000 and XP. Brian is also the author of Windows 7 and Vista Guide to Scripting, Automation, and Command Line Tools and Windows XP Under the Hood. In addition, Brian coauthored Upgrading and Repairing Microsoft Windows with Scott Mueller.
Paul McFedries is the author of more than 85 computer books that have sold more than 4 million copies worldwide. His recent titles include the Sams Publishing books Microsoft Windows 7 Unleashed and Microsoft Windows Vista Unleashed and the Que Publishing books PCs for Grownups, Formulas and Functions for Excel 2016, and My Office 2016. Paul also is the proprietor of Word Spy (www.wordspy.com), a website devoted to tracking new words and phrases as they enter the English language.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Buchbeschreibung Que Sep 2015, 2015. Taschenbuch. Buchzustand: Neu. Neuware - Whether you have a traditional PC or a souped-up tablet with a touch screen, Windows 10 In Depth is just the guide you need. It will get you through the learning curve to become a Windows 10 expert. The authors of Windows 10 In Depth have scaled the steepest part of the learning curve for you, and give you great guidance from the first page to the last, from your first hour with Windows 10, to long-term management and maintenance tasks. 1032 pp. Englisch. Artikel-Nr. 9780789754745