Sequoia and Kings Canyon have routes to please hikers of every stripe. Let veteran hiker and nature lover Laurel Scheidt lead you through eighty-six trails that vary in difficulty from easy strolls for the whole family to challenging treks for the more experienced hiker.Use this guide for up-to-date trail information, accurate directions to popular as well as less-traveled trails, difficulty ratings for each hike, detailed trail maps, and zero-impact camping tips.
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Lace up your boots and trek where John Muir, shepherds, cattlemen, and Native Americans once did by sampling eighty-six of the finest trails Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks have to offer. From towering groves of giant sequoia trees, crystalline rivers, cascading waterfalls, and glacially carved canyons to flower-filled alpine meadows and soaring peaks like Mount Whitney, this south-central California region has routes to please hikers of every stripe.
For more than thirty years, FalconGuides® have set the standard for outdoor guidebooks. Written by top experts, each guide invites you to experience the adventure and beauty of the outdoors. Features
· Hikes suited to every ability, from hour-long strolls to ten-day treks
· Directions to the trailheads
· Trail Finder for best hikes to mountaintops, waterfalls, meadows, sequoia groves,or lakes
· Comprehensive trail descriptions with mile-by-mile directional cues
· GPS coordinates
· Difficulty ratings, average hiking times, and best hiking seasons for every hike
· Information on fees and permits, contacts, canine compatibility, and services
Laurel Scheidt is a veteran hiker and the author of Best Easy Day Hikes Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.