This book describes how car design and technology work through the eyes of the most talented and powerful car designers in the world. The interviews give a deep understanding of why we see what we see on the highways of the world. Author Tony Lewin has been a highly regarded magazine editor on the world stage for so long that some of the top young guns revealing all in this book were hanging on his words just a few years ago.
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
This comprehensive new edition of How to Design Cars Like a Pro goes behind the studio doors to provide an in-depth look at modern automotive design. Interviews with leading automobile designers, analyses of past and present trends, studies of individual models and concepts, and much more combine to reveal the fascinating mix of art and science that goes into creating today’s cars. Packed with full-color photography and illustrations, this book is a must-have for professional designers, design students, and automotive enthusiasts.
· Foreword by Jaguar design director Ian Callum
· Exclusive interviews with designers from manufacturers including Aston Martin, Renault, BMW, Kia, PSA Peugeot-Citroën, and Land Rover
· A wealth of information on automotive design past and present, including chapters on concept cars, history’s greatest designers, the design process, and much more
· Fifty of the greatest automobile designs covering more than a century of automotive history
· Explorations of the future of the automobile in a rapidly changing world
· Design technique tutorials by top industry professionals
· Artwork by top students from design schools around the world
· An authoritative glossary of design terms created by David Browne, course director for automotive design at Coventry University in the United Kingdom
· Directory listings of design colleges and courses, global car brands, and design directors around the world
How to Design Cars Like a Pro gives you all the tools you need to understand car design, get started on sketching, and produce professional results.From the Inside Flap:
Fully revised and updated, this new edition of How to Design Cars Like a Pro is the ultimate guide to the world of automobile design, a must-have read for industry insiders, aspiring designers, and automotive enthusiasts.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Buchbeschreibung Motorbooks Intl, 2003. Taschenbuch. Buchzustand: Sehr gut. 204 Seiten Cover leicht berieben und kleine Lagerspuren am Buch, Inhalt einwandfrei und ungelesen 413841 Sprache: Englisch Gewicht in Gramm: 890. Artikel-Nr. 112063