Wheeler's Dental Anatomy, Physiology and Occlusion, 8e
The updated 8th edition of this classic reference provides a visually-oriented presentation of dental macromorphology and evidence-based chronologies of the human dentitions, while reflecting definitive shifts in modern dental practice. New features include an enhanced reader-friendly approach, new color illustrations, and a greater emphasis on clinical applications. A new, interactive CD-ROM offers three-dimensional animations of masticatory movements - including tooth contact relationships and temporomandibular joint movements - that bring the text's illustrations to life. Plus, an interactive mock examination mimics the National Board exam for outstanding review and practice.
- Essential concepts of occlusion relevant to restorative dentistry are covered.
- Evidence-based chronologies of the human dentitions provide research standards for tooth development and eruption.
- Dimensions of teeth from all aspects are considered in relation to space problems and arch size.
- Discussion of bony supporting structures provides information necessary for oral surgery, periodontics, and dental implants.
- Detailed descriptions and illustrated morphologic features of usual/unusual teeth essential for learning biologic variation of tooth morphology.
- Radiographs and pulp chamber and canal morphology in sectioned teeth provide an excellent reference for root canal therapy.
- Clinically useful chronologies show the age of attainment to avoid damage to developing teeth.
- Age prediction chronologies can be used to assess the unknown age of a patient.
- Periodontal therapy is discussed in detail, outlining the relationship of tooth morphology to the periodontium.
- New lifelike color drawings of the right maxillary and mandibular permanent teeth from the mesial, occlusal, distal, lingual and buccal views are featured in the book and on the CD-ROM.
- CD-ROM teaches the evaluation of contours of simulated dental restorations in relation to ideal arch form using Quicktime Virtual Reality.
- An interactive 250 multiple choice question examination on the CD-ROM provides a thorough self-assessment tool.
- Expanded coverage of the development process of the primary and permanent dentitions related to diagnosing potential space problems and malocclusion.
- Thorough discussion of the evaluation of temporomandibular joint and muscle disorders including anatomical illustrations of the nerves and muscles of the head and neck region.
- Appendix of tooth trait categories reviews key information for students.
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
The foundation for all dental knowledge
About the Author
Major M Ash, Jr., DDS, MS, Department of Occlusion, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor MI; and Stanley Nelson, DDS, MS, Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.