The definitive biography of the Scottish singer who graduated from The Tourists to The Eurythmics and went on to international solo stardom.
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
As life-long fans of Annie Lennox we believed that an up-to-date biography of this most enigmatic figure was long overdue, and well-deserved. From the outset we realised that this would be a unique challenge, not least because she is very private and fiercely guards her personal life. Yet, presenting the perfect dichotomy, Annie freely concedes, “Everything I write is about myself.” So it is through chronological, track-by-track musical analysis that we can delve deep into the psyche of the woman behind the masks.
Most Annie fans are well-versed in the story of how she met Dave Stewart, formed Eurythmics and conquered the world, but we have also addressed areas of her life previously unaccounted for, devoting chapters to:
- Her formative years in the bracing town of Aberdeen, interviewing both family friends and childhood contemporaries
- The years she spent at the prestigious Royal Academy of Music, interviewing her teachers and classmates
- The years struggling for recognition pre-Tourists, where we unearth and detail her first ever demo recording in April 1977
- Her four-year on-off relationship with rock photographer Peter Ashworth
- Her solo career, semi-retirement to raise her family and the Eurythmics reunion for Peace
Although the biography is an entertaining and revealing read, we did not seek to go against Annie’s wish for privacy. It was not our aim to write a salacious book so we have dealt with all aspects of her personal life, from her acknowledged periods of depression and the stillbirth of her first child to her two marriages and divorce, with sensitivity and respect.
We hope you enjoy reading our book as much as we enjoyed writing it. If it makes you reach for your Eurythmics CDs, then we have fulfilled our goal!About the Author:
Lucy Ellis and Bryony Sutherland are co-authors of Tom Jones and Complete Guide to the Music of George Michael, both published by Omnibus Press.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.