Effective watershed planning and management
This book presents a flexible, integrated framework for watershed management that addresses the biophysical, social, and economic issues affecting water resources and their use. Comprehensive in scope and multidisciplinary in approach, it equips you with the necessary tools and techniques to develop sound watershed management policy and practice-from problem definition and goal setting to electing management strategies and procedures for monitoring implementation.
* Watershed components and processes
* Establishing management plan parameters and objectives
* Stakeholder identification and consultation
* Development of practical management options
* Both simple and detailed methods for the assessment of management alternatives
* Techniques for determining the legal implications and the environmental, economic, and social impact of a management plan
* Choosing the best plan and putting it into action
Supplemented with case studies and examples, Integrated Watershed Management is an ideal resource for upper-level students and professionals in environmental science, natural resource management, and environmental engineering.
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
A comprehensive guide to developing and implementing watershed management plans. This book focuses on critical management issues such as resource planning, stakeholder involvement, decision-making methods, cost-benefit analysis, environmental and social impact assessment.About the Author:
ISOBEL W. HEATHCOTE, PhD, is Professor of Environmental Engineering and Environmental Sciences and Director, Institute for Environmental Policy, at the University of Guelph in Canada. She is the author of Environmental Problem Solving: A Case Study Approach.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.