Make weeknight meals bigger and better than ever!
Betty Crocker Big Book of Slow Cooker, Casseroles, and More combines hearty slow cooker meals, casseroles, one-dish dinners, and other comfort food recipes all into one big compendium. This book collects favorite recipes Betty Crocker readers have come to trust for simple solutions for home-cooked meals and modern twists to comfort food classics. Every recipe delivers on this no-fuss promise, utilizing convenience appliances such as a slow cooker, or only one essential pot or pan, like a casserole dish or skillet, to get dinner on the table quickly and efficiently.
An introductory section includes helpful tips and information on using a slow cooker, cutting down on prep time, and offering clever ideas for make-ahead recipes the whole family will love.
For home cooks who need to get wholesome, delicious meals on the table in a flash-without added fuss-Betty Crocker Big Book of Slow Cooker, Casseroles, and More! is chock-full of satisfying dishes that are sure to become family classics.
|Smoky Apple Butter Ribs|
Prep time: 15 minutes
Start to finish: 8 hours 15 minutes
3 lb boneless pork country-style ribs
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 medium onion, sliced
1/2 cup apple butter
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper. In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, place ribs. Cover with onion slices. In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over ribs and onion.
2. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
3. Remove ribs from cooker; place on serving platter. Cover to keep warm.
4. Pour juices from cooker through strainer into 1-quart saucepan. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook about 5 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened. Serve sauce with ribs.
|Toffee Apple Turnover Pie|
Prep time: 40 minutes
Start to finish: 1 hour 50 minutes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon shortening
2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
1 1/2 cups sliced peeled apples (2 small)
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 cup toffee bits (from 10-oz bag)
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon coarse white sparkling sugar
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with sides or 15×10×1-inch pan with cooking parchment paper or foil. In medium bowl, mix 1 cup flour and the salt. Using pastry blender (or pulling 2 tables knives through ingredients in opposite directions), cut in shortening until particles are size of small peas. Sprinkle with cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and pastry almost leaves side of bowl (if necessary, 1 to 2 teaspoons more water can be added).
2. Gather pastry into a ball. On lightly floured surface, shape pastry into flattened round. Using rolling pin, roll into 12-inch round, about 1⁄8 inch thick. Place on cookie sheet.
3. In medium bowl, toss apples and 1 tablespoon flour. Mound apple mixture on half of pastry to within 3⁄4 inch of edge. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Fold pastry in half over apple mixture. Fold 1⁄2 inch of sealed edge of pastry over; firmly press tines of fork around edge to seal. Brush top of turnover with egg. Cut 3 slits, 1 inch long, in top to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle top with sugar.
4. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to serving plate. Cool 30 minutes before cutting.
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Enjoy the comforts of home-cooked family meals every night of the week
You want hearty, home-cooked meals for your family, but with today's busy schedules, getting dinner on the table can be a challenge. Thanks to The Big Book of Slow Cooker, Casseroles & More, cooking fresh and flavorful meals doesn't have to equal hours in the kitchen.
This book collects favorite recipes that Betty Crocker fans have come to trust for simple solutions for home-cooked meals and modern twists to comfort food classics. With hassle-free slow cooker recipes like Porketta Pot Roast and Korean Beef Stew, and 30-minute meals like Chicken Cacciatore and Jambalaya, this book offers classic meal ideas with a fast and modern twist. More than 200 tasty recipes offer no-fuss convenience, short prep times and quick-and-easy cleanup. These recipes are so delicious, they'll think you spent all day in the kitchen!
you'll f ind:
More than 200 recipes, including casseroles, pastas, soups and stews, simple slow cooker meals and more
Handy tips on using your slow cooker, cutting down prep time and preparing simple make-ahead recipes the whole family will love
Bonus I-didn't-know-I-could-do-that snacks and drinks made with a slow cooker
Fast and simple home cooked meals are just around the corner with Betty Crocker The Big Book of Slow Cooker, Casseroles & More. Over 200 tasty recipes offer no-fuss convenience, short prep times and quick-and-easy cleanup. Look inside for:
hearty soups, stews & chilies: Beef and Barley Soup, Chipotle-Pork Chili, Seafood Bisque, Grandma's Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup, and Mediterranean Chicken Marbella
sizzling skillets & stir-fries: Tuscan Rosemary Chicken and White Beans, Summer Chicken Stir-Fry, Asparagus and Turkey Sausage Skillet, Ground Beef Chow Mein, Pork Chops with Broccoli and Rice, Weeknight Paella
casseroles & other one-dish meals: Chicken Cacciatore, Wild Rice and Turkey Casserole, Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches, Sausage and Pizza Bake, Seven-Layer Rigatoni, Everyday Cassoulet
main dish favorites: Turkey Breast with Sweet Potatoes, Caramelized Onion Pot Roast, Brisket with Chunky Mustard-BBQ Sauce, Mini Italian Meat Loaves, Pork Chops with Summer Vegetables, Porketta Pot Roast
hearty sides: Chive-and-Onion Creamed Corn, Spicy Stir-Fried Green Beans, Roasted Autumn Vegetables, Wild Rice with Cranberries, Parmesan-Butternut Squash Gratin, Ultimate Slow Cooker Potatoes
dazzling desserts: Raspberry Bread Pudding, Bittersweet Chocolate Cheesecake with White Truffle Sauce, Triple-GingerPound Cake, Toffee Apple Turnover Pie, Fresh Berry Crisp
With more than 63 million cookbooks sold since 1950, Betty Crocker is the name readers trust for reliable recipes and great ideas. For over 75 years, Betty Crocker has provided advice to millions of Americans through cookbooks, magazines and television.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.