The purpose of large-scale software architecture is to capture and describe practical representations to make development teams more effective.
In this book the authors show how to utilise software architecture as a tool to guide the development instead of capturing the architectural details after all the design decisions have been made.
* Offers a concise description of UML usage for large-scale architecture
* Discusses software architecture and design principles
* Technology and vendor independent
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Software architecture is critical to the success of software development projects. Unfortunately, many projects are unsuccessful in their attempts to leverage architecture-based development, especially large-scale projects. Lost in a myriad of possible UML diagrams, project teams often resort to ineffective ad-hoc techniques.
The purpose of this book is to enable software architects, their managers, and other development team members to become more effective in directing the course of large-scale software development projects. Written by two experienced architects that have worked in the trenches on many projects, this book provides practical advice for all software teams about developing and capturing critical software architectural concerns.
Leveraging the recent IEEE standard on software architecture and using UML compatible with versions 1.4 and 2.0 this book describes a series of viewpoints for capturing the software architecture and related concerns. These viewpoints convey essential information to users, stakeholders and other members of the development team.
Large-Scale Software Architecture covers:
* a series of UML based viewpoints for capturing software architecture and related concerns
* useful techniques for development of software architectures
* the roles and responsibilities of the software architect and the architecture team
* traps and pitfalls of architecture development
* utilization of reusable and off-the-shelf software frameworks and components
Whether managing, designing, developing or architecting large and complex systems, you will better understand how the software architecture can be captured and represented using this book.
“...a welcome addition...recommended...” (CVU, June 04)
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.