This comprehensive and accessible textbook offers a complete grounding in both qualitative and quantitative research methods for the sports studies student. The book offers the reader a step-by-step guide to the research process, from designing a research project, to collecting and analysing data, to reporting the research, all of which is richly illustrated with sport-related case-studies and examples. The book covers key topics such as:
- conceptual Models
- qualitative research methods
- choosing an appropriate research design
- undertaking a literature review
- the key research methods such as questionnaires, interviews, content analysis and ethnographic studies.
- analysing data, including an introduction to SPSS, as well as guides to descriptive and inferential statistics
- writing a research report
- the internet as a research tool
A much needed book with no competitor titles, this should be essential reading for all undergraduates in sports studies.
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Chris Gratton is Professor of Sports Economics and Director of the Sport Industry Research Centre at Sheffield Hallam University, UK. Ian Jones is Associate Dean for Sport, the Centre for Event and Sport Research, Bournemouth University, UK.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.