Developing a Patent Strategy provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on key tips for drafting and filing science and technology patents in light of new USPTO proceedings. Featuring experienced partners from law firms across the nation, these experts assist startups and established companies in creating portfolios and overcoming challenges in changing patent eligibility limitations. These top lawyers offer specific advice on conducting due diligence, adjusting software patent strategies for increased success at the patent office, and helping smaller companies file applications globally. From analyzing prosecution trends in the USPTO to developing cost-effective strategies that focus on client business goals, these experts stress the importance of reassessing current and upcoming patents in a post-Alice world and discuss best practices for investing in a well-drafted filing. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this dynamic field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Thomas E. Toner, Partner, Shumaker Loop & Kendrick LLP - "Uncharted Waters: Developing an Intellectual Property Strategy for Start-ups and Entrepreneurs in a Post-AIA Environment"
2. Teresa J. Welch, JD, PhD, Partner, Michael Best & Friedrich LLP - "Narrowing of Patent Rights for Software and Life Sciences Industries Necessitates More Proactive Patent Strategies"
3. Elizabeth J. Haanes, PhD, Partner, Thompson Coburn LLP - "Refashioning IP Asset Protection Strategies for Biotechnology and BioPharma Clients in View of the New Legal Realities of Subject Matter Eligibility"
4. Jeffrey M. Drake, Partner, Miller Canfield Paddock and Stone - "Adjusting Software Clients' Patent Strategies to Increase Their Chances of Success at the Patent Office"
5. James J. Cronin, Partner, Stinson Leonard Street LLP - "Developing and Implementing a Cost-Effective Patent Strategy"
6. Adam M. Schoen, Partner, Brown Rudnick LLP - "Ensuring the Client's Patent is a Business Document Instead of a Technology Certificate"
7. Alane P. Barnes, VP General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, BioCryst Pharmaceuticals Inc., and Greg Peterson, JD, PhD, Partner, Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP - "Understanding, Developing, and Maintaining an Effective Patent Strategy"
Appendix A: Guidance for Determining Subject Matter Eligibility of Claims Reciting or Involving Laws of Nature, Natural Phenomena, & Natural Products
Appendix B: Proprietary Information and Inventions Agreement
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.