An innovative look at the entrepreneurial advantage and how it can be harnessed and replicated within organizations, transforming them into market leaders
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
'This book offers a detailed coverage of research into corporate entrepreneurship in conjunction with comprehensive insights into management practices. The book effectively captures the challenges of leadership, architecture, strategy and innovation that are associated with the pursuit of corporate entrepreneurship, and provides a wealth of research-based and practice-based guidance to resolve these challenges. An excellent and valuable resource for educators, students and practitioners alike!'
- Dr. Mathew Hughes, Reader in Entrepreneurial Management, Durham Business School, Durham University, UK
'Students and managers alike will find Burns' text to be a useful tool to furthering their understanding of entrepreneurial organizations. Corporate Entrepreneurship provides a comprehensive description of all aspects of creating an innovative organization: culture and creativity, structure, strategy, and management of the entrepreneurial process. Cases and examples throughout the book demonstrate how the concepts have been applied by real organizations, and make the subject matter very understandable.'
- Professor Robert Garrett, Discipline Director for Strategy and Entrepreneurship, College of Business, Oregon State University, USA
'An excellent book that combines a profound understanding of theory with practical guidance on developing entrepreneurial skills. This book is an incredibly useful manual for anyone who aspires to an entrepreneurial career in established companies.'
- Professor Catherine L. Wang, PhD Programme Director, School of Management, Royal Holloway, University of London, UK
' Corporate Entrepreneurship is a definitive guide to the challenge of developing new business ideas within existing organisations. If you are trying to develop your own business ideas, or if you are a student trying to get to grips with the latest thinking, this book is for you. It does a terrific job of blending practical insights and theoretical frameworks.'
- Professor Julian Birkinshaw, Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, London Business School, UK
'This new text brings the study of Corporate Entrepreneurship bang up to date for students. It gives takes the approach necessary in HE: theoretical, analytical, with practical illustrations and cases and a sound pedagogical approach. This is an all-round, helpful text, fully supportive of delivering the topic at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.'
- Sheena Bell, University of Glasgow, UK
'This is an essential text for Masters courses dealing with innovation, entrepreneurship and change in organizations. Burns provides excellent introductions to key topics and theories which are contextualised through current case studies, further reading and challenging innovation assignments. I highly recommend it - and my students do too.' - Dr. Richard Tunstall, Lecturer in Enterprise, University of Leeds, UK
Corporate Entrepreneurship is about entrepreneurial transformation in larger organizations. Paul Burns shows how this can be achieved by building an organizational architecture – leadership, culture, structure and strategies – that encourages creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship. He synthesizes research from a number of business disciplines and draws on numerous corporate examples.
New to this edition:
- Sections on corporate governance, ethics, sustainability and corporate social responsibility
- Greater emphasis on improving shareholder value through risk management and the generation of strategic options, rather than just improving profitability
- Expanded coverage of the management of disruptive innovation and market paradigm change, as well as incremental innovation
- Coverage of the financial crisis and recession, and their implications for entrepreneurship
- Fully updated case studies and new learning resources
Corporate Entrepreneurship is an essential text for all students of Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship, Strategy, Innovation and Leadership.
Visit www.palgrave.com/business/burns for extensive student and lecturer resources including case studies and questions, an individual and a corporate entrepreneurship test, video commentaries and useful web links.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.