Reseña del editor
Intercultural Communication: A Text with Readings provides a narrative approach so that the reader can understand both the depth and breadth of intercultural communication. The text/reader combination provides readers with the best of both worlds: the text material -- written by the authors -- presents the foundations of intercultural communication and the narratives and readings provide interesting examples to help clarify ideas and principles.
Intercultural Communication: A Text with Readings provides a narrative approach to help students understand both the depth and breadth of intercultural communication.
The text/reader combination provides students and instructors with the best of both worlds: the text material, written by the authors, presents the foundations of intercultural communication, while the narratives and readings provide interesting examples to help clarify ideas and principles. In this text, the authors
Praise for Intercultural Communication
- Combine a text and reader in order to introduce students to research and theory, as well as their practical applications
- Use a narrative, storytelling approach to intercultural communication to make understanding key concepts easier and more interesting for students
- Begin each chapter with a narrative, usually written by one of the authors from a personal experience, to provide an engaging introduction to the chapter topic
- Conclude each chapter with readings to enhance the students understanding of the material covered in the chapter
- Follow each reading with discussion questions and activities that guide the students to apply the intercultural experiences ( stories ) of others in order to make sense of their own personal stories
- Offer a wide range of authors and topics to provide the reader with a thorough introduction to the field of study
This is an exceptional book [providing] an excellent presentation of both organizational communication theories and concepts, and pragmatic applications of these perspectives . Please let me know when this book will be in print so that I may adopt it!
Sheryl D. Lidzy, Murray State University
The best feature of the book is the authors writing style. When they are explaining concepts there is 100% clarity.
Victoria Leonard, College of the Canyons
The case studies, the narrative approach, and the activities in the sections are all great strengths
Bernardo Attias, California State University, Northridge
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.