The Oxford Compendium of English is the ideal reference source for language lovers. With one volume containing definitive English language usage guidance and practical hints on communicating, another volume filled with the most up-to-date and easily accessible quotations and proverbs, and another volume providing a dictionary and thesaurus from Oxford's unrivalled language database, this is essential reading for the home and the office.
OXFORD LANGUAGE REFERENCE
· Comprehensive and practical advice on English grammar and usage
· Essential information on writing skills, punctuation, grammar, spelling, pronunciation, and common confusables
· The use of English as an international language
· Information on public speaking, including a checklist for making a business speech
OXFORD DICTIONARY OF QUOTATIONS AND PROVERBS
· More than 7,000 quotations, arranged thematically for easy look-up
· Quotations on every subject you can think of, from traditional topics like Courage or Knowledge, to topical and contemporary themes such as The Internet or Genetic Engineering
· Over 1,000 proverbs, plus special categories including Catchphrases, Film Lines, Official Advice, and Political Slogans
OXFORD DICTIONARY AND THESAURUS
· Over a quarter of a million dictionary definitions, entries, and alternative words
· Extra pronunciation and language help
· Special Reverse Dictionary supplement
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.