Retaining the student-friendly approach of previous editions, Introduction to Econometrics, Fourth Edition, uses clear and simple mathematics notation and step-by step explanations of mathematical proofs to help students thoroughly grasp the subject. Extensive practical exercises throughout--including fifty exercises on the same dataset--build students' confidence and provide them with hands-on practice in applying techniques.
NEW TO THE FOURTH EDITION:
* An expanded review section at the beginning of the book offers a more comprehensive guide to all of the statistical concepts needed to study econometrics
* Additional exercises provide students with even more opportunities to put theory into practice
* More Monte Carlo simulations help students use visualization to understand the math
* New final sections at the end of each chapter contain summaries and non-technical introductions to more advanced topics
An updated and expanded Companion Website contains resources for students and instructors:
* Data sets
* Gretl, a free econometrics software application
* PowerPoint-based slides with explanations
* A study guide
* Instructor manuals for the text and data sets that detail the exercises and their solutions
* PowerPoint-based slides
* A "Contact the Author" link
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Dr. Christopher Dougherty is a Senior Lecturer in Economics at the London School of Economics.
Review from previous edition: "It is the best introductory text for undergraduates on the market in my opinion"
--Bruce Morley, Bath University
"I highly recommend this book to any students who first plan to take introductory economic courses. The study guide, box examples, and well-balanced theory and empirical questions set this book apart from other books"
--Dr. Jong H. Kim, American University of Sharjah
"The main advantage of this book is its clarity and user-friendliness."
--Paul Turner, University of Loughborough
"I have described it to colleagues and students as one of the best textbooks ever written. I recommend no other book to my econometrics class."
--Richard Walker, Northwestern University, USA
"An approach that is theoretically rigorous, but also non-mathematical, sets this textbook apart from many other introductory texts"
--John Goddard, Bangor Business School
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.