A substance use problem exists when one experiences any type of difficulty related to using alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs including illicit street drugs or prescribed drugs such as painkillers or tranquilizers. The difficulty can be in any area of life; medical or physical, psychological, family, interpersonal, social, academic, occupational, legal, financial, or spiritual.
This expanded new edition of the successful Graywind Publications title provides the reader with practical information and skills to help them understand and change a drug or alcohol problem. Designed to be used in conjunction with therapy or counseling, it focuses on special issues involved in stopping substance use and in changing behaviors or aspects of one's lifestyle that keep the substance use problem active. The information presented is derived from a wealth of research studies, and discusses the most effective recovery strategies from the examination of cognitive-behavoral treatment.
TreatmentsThatWorkTM represents the gold standard of behavioral healthcare interventions!
· All programs have been rigorously tested in clinical trials and are backed by years of research
· A prestigious scientific advisory board, led by series Editor-In-Chief David H. Barlow, reviews and evaluates each intervention to ensure that it meets the highest standard of evidence so you can be confident that you are using the most effective treatment available to date
· Our books are reliable and effective and make it easy for you to provide your clients with the best care available
· Our corresponding workbooks contain psychoeducational information, forms and worksheets, and homework assignments to keep clients engaged and motivated
· A companion website (www.oup.com/us/ttw) offers downloadable clinical tools and helpful resources
· Continuing Education (CE) Credits are now available on select titles in collaboration with PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER)
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Daley has over 240 publications, including clinican treatment manuals, family and client educational books, workbooks, and videotapes on recovery from alcohol and drug problems, recovery from psychiatric disorders, recovery from dual disorders, and relapse prevention. He was the first professional in the US to publish interactive workbooks on co-occurring disorders, and one of the first to publish similar materials on recovery from addiction. Dr Daley's treatment models and recovery materials are used in numerous substance abuse and dual diagnosis treatment programs throughout the US and other countries. Marlatt is a Fellow of both the American Psycholocial Association and the American Psychological Society, and is a former president of the Association for Advancement of Behavior Therapy. He served as a member of the National Advisory Council on Drug Abuse at the National Institute on Drug Abuse from 1996 to 2002, and served on the National Advisory Council on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism Subcommittee on College Drinking from 1998 to 2001.Review:
This is a wonderful workbook for clients written by experts in the field of addictions. It is easy to read and meant to be used along with the therapist manual in a therapeutic relationship. Of course, this book could be used alone as a self-help tool. However, the optimal situation would be either as a part of individual or group therapy. The homework assignments (worksheets) are very practical and help extend the therapy session into everyday life. * Doody's Journal *
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.