More than 100,000 people contact the Peace Corps every year, but only 3,000 are placed overseas. To help more Americans find volunteer opportunities abroad Joseph Collins, Stefano DeZerega, and Zahara Heckscher-all founders of respected volunteer organizations-have written a guide that provides all the necessary information on volunteering in Latin America, Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Eastern Europe. Presented in a user-friendly format that includes case studies, worksheets, and quotes from international volunteers, How to Live Your Dream of Volunteering Overseas provides college students, senior citizens, and everyone in between with information on:
* How to decide if volunteering overseas is for you
* How to choose the right program
* What to do before and after you go abroad
* Fundraising and financing
* How to be an effective volunteer
* Political and social contexts of Americans volunteering abroad
* The Peace Corps
* More than one hundred volunteer organizations
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Joseph Collins is the co-founder of the Institute for Food and Development Policy (Food First). A Guggenheim Fellow and recipient of the Alternative Nobel Prize, he is a frequent lecturer and a consultant to the United Nations, specializing in evaluations and development of community organization.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.