Logic and Computer Design Fundamentals
For one- to two-semester Computer Science and Engineering courses in logic and digital design at the sophomore/junior level.
Featuring a strong emphasis on the fundamentals underlying contemporary logic design using hardware description languages, synthesis, and verification, this book focuses on the ever-evolving applications of basic computer design concepts with strong connections to real-world technology.
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
From the Back Cover
Covers the fundamentals of hardware and computer design with exceptional breadth and in a very accessible style using abundant examples to build understanding and problem-solving skills. Reflects the current industry trend of designing with hardware description languages (HDLs) instead of logic diagrams - provides optional introductory treatments of both VHDL and Verilog languages - with additional coverage available on the Companion Web-site for more substantial treatment. By covering broadly-based fundamentals, provides an excellent foundation and perspective for more advanced courses in digital hardware design and computer architecture and organization preparation.
- Includes a free copy of the Xilinx Student Edition Foundation Series software.
- NEW―Many new sections on VHDL and Verilog―Includes separate discussions dedicated to VHDL or Verilog on: combinational design; sequential circuits; registers; datapaths; multipliers; and more.
- Provides the reader with a basic introduction to either of the two hardware description languages used to design in today's computer industry.
- NEW―125 additional pages on book's website on VHDL and Verilog― Includes additional explanatory material, VHDL and Verilog-based problems, and all source files for VHDL and Verilog examples.
- NEW―40% changed or new problems.
- Gives many opportunities to hone and practice.
- Exceptionally readable.
- A gradual development of logic, design, digital systems, and computer architecture concepts.
- Balanced coverage of both VHDL and Verilog languages.
- Strong connection to real-world technologies―Discusses DRAM technology, field programmable gate arrays, hard disk and I/O technologies including the Universal Serial Bus.
- On-going example of a simple computer system―Illustrates the principal impact of each topic on a PC computer design.
- Stimulates the readers' interest and helps them build a strong understanding by referring to one familiar computer system throughout the book that is used to demonstrate the application of each concept as it is being covered.
- Abundant coverage of programmable logic devices (PDLs)―Includes field programmable gate arrays.
- Introduces growing technology that is becoming a mainstay in digital logic laboratories.
- 25% of chapter problems solutions on website.
- Transparency originals for most figures and tables on Website.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.