This is a guide to the in-air emergencies general aviation pilots are likely to encounter in their flying careers. It provides prevention, management and correction procedures, and uses real-life case studies to illustrate emergencies. Emergency scenarios include: heavy surface winds, icing, thunderstorms, mechanical failures, navigational errors, flying in IFR conditions, and spatial disorientation.
Die Inhaltsangabe kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
DEFUSE THE EMERGENCY BEFORE IT HAPPENS
Do you know the best way to get found if you're forced down, radioless, in the wilderness? Can you land in heavy surface winds? What happens if your engine fails? Are you prepared for the unexpected?
Pilot Jerry Eichenberger's Handling In-Flight Emergencies is the best way to prepare for the unexpected-and to fly more confidently and safely. This guide can help you-
* Apply the best prevention, management, and correction strategies for all in-flight emergencies
* Fly knowing you're armed with the best solutions to in-air crises
* Follow critical preflight and training procedures that protect you aloft
* Learn preferred ways of coping with icing, thunderstorms, wind shear, mechanical and electrical failures, IFR conditions, navigational errors, spatial disorientation, and more
* Discover equipment to help you identify and reduce dangers that might otherwise go undetected
* Evaluate avionics products before you need them
* Learn from other pilots' errors
REAL-LIFE CASE STUDIES ILLUSTRATE EACH EMERGENCY SITUATION
A volume in the McGraw-Hill Practical Flying SeriesAbout the Author:
JERRY A. EICHENBERGER is an active aviation lawyer who has been involved in the field for many years as a general aviation and commercial pilot, flight instructor, and airplane owner. He contributes to Private Pilot and Custom Planes Magazine as a legal editor. Also a writer, Eichenberger has contributed articles to such publications as Plane and Pilot News and Business; Commercial Aviation, and has written several aviation books, including Cross-Country Flying; General Aviation Law, Second Edition; and Your Pilot's License, Sixth Edition.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.