Build the science, maths and written communication skills you need to succeed at IB Diploma Biology. This book explains over 40 key skills in detail and is packed with questions as well as answers, hints and tips to help develop a thorough understanding.
This book explains over 40 essential skills necessary for IB Diploma Biology in detail. Ideal for class or independent study, the book has been carefully compiled to cover science, maths and quality of written communication (QWC) requirements ensuring complete coverage of all the key skills.
The book includes:
• Over 40 essential skills necessary for IB Diploma Biology
• Comprehensive coverage of 25 maths skills explanations including correlations, the Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium and statistics such as the chi-squared test, the t-test and the Spearman Rank test
• Activities and questions that get learners to apply their knowledge in new contexts
• Assessing Investigative Skills activities that practise the skills needed in practical assessments
• QWC Worked Examples that explain how to improve the quality of written communication
• Answers with helpful hints and tips, as well as fully worked out approaches to help students check their understanding and progress
• A glossary that explains key terms used in the book
Mike Boyle is Head of Biology at Cheadle and Marple Sixth Form College (one of the largest colleges in the UK). He is also a former examiner for AQA. Mike has 32 years of experience teaching A level, as well as IB Diploma and has written 19 A level textbooks.
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.