Praise for S. J. Parris:
• ‘Impossible to resist … Parris creates a convincing sense of the past, woven with so much intrigue that the head fairly spins’ Daily Telegraph
• ‘It has everything – intrigue, mystery and excellent history’ Kate Mosse
• ‘Parris writes with confident ease of Tudor London … The dialogue balances nicely on a tightrope of period phrases and cut-to-the-chase colloquialisms. More, please’ The Times
• ‘Full of surprises … an imaginatively satisfying addition to the many real intrigues surrounding the imprisoned Mary Stuart and the threats to Elizabeth’s security’ TLS
• ‘Fascinating … The period is incredibly vivid and the story utterly gripping’ Conn Iggulden
• ‘A brilliantly unusual glimpse at the intrigues surrounding Queen Elizabth I’ Andrew Taylor, bestselling author of The American BoyVom Verlag:
Perfect for fans of C.J. Sansom and The Name of the Rose, the third historical thriller featuring Giordano Bruno, heretic, philosopher and spy.
In the pursuit of power, nothing is sacred…
Summer, 1584. The Protestant Prince William of Orange has been assassinated by a fanatical Catholic, and there are whispers that Queen Elizabeth will be next. Fear haunts the streets of London, and plague is driving many citizens away.
Giordano Bruno, radical philosopher and spy, chooses to remain, only to find that someone is following him through the city. Confronting his stalker, he realizes it is the woman he once loved – she is on the run, having been accused of murder.
Bruno travels to Canterbury to help clear her name, and also on behalf of Sir Francis Walsingham. The Queen’s spymaster has long suspected Catholic influence in the ancient centre of pilgrimage, and instructs Bruno to work to expose any enemy plots.
As Bruno begins his hunt for the real killer, he is drawn into the heart of a sinister conspiracy hiding in the shadow of England’s holiest shrine…
„Über diesen Titel“ kann sich auf eine andere Ausgabe dieses Titels beziehen.
Buchbeschreibung Harper Collins Publishers UK Aug 2012, 2012. Taschenbuch. Buchzustand: Neu. 3 x 19.9 x 12.9. Neuware - The 3rd historical thriller featuring heretic, philosopher and spy Giordano Bruno. It's the summer of 1584, and Prince William of Orange has been assassinated. Bruno reconnects with the woman he once loved, who is now on the run, having been accused of murder. From the author of 'Heresy' and 'Prophecy'. Englisch. Artikel-Nr. 9780007317783